Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
All of the staff changes get him a pass this season, no matter what. I am preparing myself for another rough year but I am excited about the people he brought on board. This might be our best collection of recruiters since... Ever?

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Having received no response, I shall ask again:

Does anyone have any knowledge of an upcoming webpage dedicated to updates and progress of the SEZ project? A virtual tour would be nice. Five pictures isn't enough for me. I want to see INSIDE!

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I have the DMR picture from the first game in 1975 in JTS (Air Force) when there were no end zone bleachers.

Also, with these changes, the only entrance onto the field will be from the north end zone. Sorry ISUCFVMB (ISU Cyclone Football Varsity Marching Band).

images

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa

Does anyone have any knowledge of an upcoming webpage dedicated to updates and progress of the SEZ project? A virtual tour would be nice. Five pictures isn't enough for me. I want to see INSIDE!

dude, they just released a few pictures today and haven't even gotten regents approval. I doubt they are ready for that yet.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
dude, they just released a few pictures today and haven't even gotten regents approval. I doubt they are ready for that yet.

They had a cam for the video board. I'd guess they'd have at least one for the SEZ

I have this on the solid source of my gut feeling.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

Wouldn't count on it

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
"Having received no response, I shall ask again:

Does anyone have any knowledge of an upcoming webpage dedicated to updates and progress of the SEZ project? A virtual tour would be nice. Five pictures isn't enough for me. I want to see INSIDE!"

Wouldn't count on it
I'm not sure we'll see a webpage like you want.

I think one way we might be saving some $ on this project is not having all the bells and whistles associated with rolling out the design (webpage, videos, additional renderings, etc.). K-State recently announced their stadium enhancements and had a very nice website with videos and renderings.

That deliverable from the design firm may be something that the AD doesn't feel is a necessary expense?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm not sure we'll see a webpage like you want.

I think one way we might be saving some $ on this project is not having all the bells and whistles associated with rolling out the design (webpage, videos, additional renderings, etc.). K-State recently announced their stadium enhancements and had a very nice website with videos and renderings. I would imagine the design firm might charge a pretty penny for that to be included in their deliverables. Something we may not feel the need to pay for?

Thoughts?

2 sides to everything...having the renderings and CGI videos will also help donations, I suspect. Get people geeked out, wallets will open.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
2 sides to everything...having the renderings and CGI videos will also help donations, I suspect. Get people geeked out, wallets will open.

Thank you. Kinda what I was thinking. I'm not expecting it tomorrow. It doesn't even have to have it's own address. Link it to Cyclones.com

There's only one rendering of the stadium's interior. We got twice any many pics from the 2008 concept.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Thank you. Kinda what I was thinking. I'm not expecting it tomorrow. It doesn't even have to have it's own address. Link it to Cyclones.com

There's only one rendering of the stadium's interior. We got twice any many pics from the 2008 concept.

I bet we'll see a lot more as the BOR approval nears.

These five renderings are not all that they are going to see. I imagine stuff will come out soon thereafter, or perhaps before. Actually - aren't BOR meeting materials public domain under Freedom of Information Act.

JP is as master at public intrigue. Today is little more than a PR release and teaser.

Phase 1: Tease
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I'm sure it'll be like previous renovations where they'll have a webcam and monthly updates with photos/video. Most of the donors are lined up and some of the financing will be through bonds. Also, the first bid date isn't until late July so work won't start until sometime in August.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I don't know where else to put this and I don't feel like it needs it's own thread. I guess I'll add it to this positive thread.

@LukeKnott21: After a long 6 months, feels great to have my hip officially cleared!