Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa –The Iowa State Athletics Department released Monday architectural sketches for its south end zone project at Jack Trice Stadium. Plans and schematic designs for the first phase of the construction will go to the Board of Regents, State of Iowa, for final approval on June 5.

The initial phase of the renovation will close in the south end zone at the stadium with a permanent upper and lower seating bowl. That structure will house a new two-story premium club space, include an additional HD-quality video board / sound system and connect the east and west concourses. Stadium capacity will exceed 61,000 upon completion of the project in August, 2015.

“The atmosphere of an enclosed stadium – supported by a huge video board at each end of the stadium – will significantly enhance the game day experience,†Iowa State Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said. “This project will also enrich the presence/entrance of Reiman Gardens, an award-winning garden and conservatory located south of the stadium.â€

The south end zone construction will functionally connect the east and west sides of the stadium to create a singular concourse experience for fans. In addition to the new club section, there will be more permanent seat location options and price points for fan consideration.

The glass facades of the club’s upper level will look into the stadium bowl (north) and out toward Reiman Gardens (south). The construction will create a much-improved arrival experience into campus for visitors to Iowa State University and dramatically impact the look and feel of a Cyclone football game day.

“This project has multiple benefits for the institution, the athletics department and the football program,†Pollard said. “There will be a significantly enhanced main entrance to campus, capitalizing on a natural symmetry between Jack Trice Stadium and Reiman Gardens, two university landmarks. Additionally, there will be a dramatically improved game atmosphere with the closed-in end zone.â€

In addition to the stadium renovation, Iowa State officials continue to review concepts for a second phase of the project which will include improvements to the parking and green space areas adjacent to the facility. Those project specifics will be presented to the Board of Regents at a later date. The stadium renovation plus the parking and green space enhancements are all part of a $60 million upgrade to the primary campus entrance and football facility.

The architect of record for the project is Neumann Monson Architects (Des Moines) and the sports architect is HNTB Architecture (Kansas City).

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Pretty cool stuff. A defined main entrance can do wonders for the appearance of a stadium. I think the new entrance at Kinnick they did a few years ago really gave it a facelift. Sounds like this project will really enhance JT.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Sounds Awesome...photos? Also, I'm shocked they aren't trying to include a new press box. That thing will look so out of place when all is done. There are High School press boxes that are larger.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll admit I haven't followed the SEZ stuff as much as others, but has that 61,000 figure been out there for a while? That seems just about right to me.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I've got like 5 photos. Creating a giant front page article with all in there. Until then, more facts.

Break Ground: Summer, 2014

Project Completion: August, 2015

Architects: Neumann Monson Architects & HNTB Architecture

Construction Manager: The Weitz Company

New Stadium Capacity: 61,000

Size of “End Zone Club”: approximately 40,000 square feet (two levels)

Lower Bowl SEZ Seating Capacity: 7,500 (includes 3,000 club seats)

Upper Bowl SEZ Seating Capacity: 5,800

Video Board Structure: 150’ by 36’ (similar to current board in NEZ)

Additional Restrooms: 133 female, 82 male

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Tickets...

End Zone Club

The End Zone Club will be a 3,000-seat outdoor premium seating area in the south end zone of Jack Trice Stadium. It will debut in the 2015 football season.

Amenities and Benefits

• Outdoor chair-back seats with cup holders
  • Access to a climate-controlled two-level lounge area (top floor looks into stadium)
  • High-definition televisions and game audio in lounge areas
  • Access to gameday-themed ala carte cash food stations
  • Access to full-service cash bar (mixed drinks, beer and wine)
  • Access to private restrooms within club lounge area
  • Opportunity to purchase a priority parking pass with annual Cyclone Club donation

End Zone Club annual contribution and ticket prices

The Iowa State Athletics Department is in the process of reviewing annual donation levels and benefits. The number of End Zone Club seats that can be purchased will be based on an individual’s annual Cyclone Club giving level.

The annual cost for season tickets in the End Zone Club is $750 each.

*Annual donation requirements and ticket limits are TBD. The season ticket price for the End Zone Club is subject to change.

How do I secure my End Zone Club seats?

Information on the new End Zone Club section, as well as other seating options for 2015, will be sent to all Cyclone Club members and season ticketholders later this summer.

• All current football season ticketholders will be given first opportunity to purchase seats in new End Zone Club. Season ticketholders who currently have seats in the south end zone, will have first priority for End Zone Club seat locations OR they will be given first rights to re-locate to other seating sections in the new south end zone bowl of Jack Trice Stadium.

• Non-season ticketholders, who are interested in purchasing new End Zone Club seats, can fill out an interest form (click here). Those fans, who submit an interest form, will be contacted in late summer/fall (2014) with more information on seating options.

All End Zone Club seats are based on availability. Seats will be allocated in order according to Cyclone Club donation level and a donor’s priority points within that level.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Construction starting summer 2014. I wonder if the south entrance (not seating) will be closed for the 2014 season?

Will people have to enter through the other gates?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
One thing I'm confused on is exactly where these outdoor Club seats will be. In the existing endzone seats?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Well that looks ******* awesome.

sIFJv8Z.jpg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh man I wish I knew where I was gonna be working full-time. If it is Des Moines/Minneapolis/Iowa area... I would totally get Season Tickets in the endzone but I can't commit this early

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Wow. That looks awesome! Two giant HD scoreboards on either side is sweet. Like the glass entrance.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Also... BEER/DRINKS SERVED!

If you're a member of the End Zone Club, which is no different than the Jack Trice Club or Johnny's currently.

$750 season ticket and what I'm guessing will be probably at least $1000 donation level.

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
That seems like about as attractive as the exterior was going to get without seeming out of place with the existing stadium. I imagine there will be some additional cool landscaping to tie in with the gardens.

What are they all starting with this season if they're breaking ground already this summer?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron