MSG Tickets

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Seriously thinking about flying out there next weekend. See tickets stubhub are $300 plus for poor seats. Not that I mind paying that much - but does ISU offer a section? I don't donate much - so I'm guessing I don't qualify - but I can't imagine that much of our section gets used up either that far away.

I'm so freakin pumped right now.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Always wanted to see a game in MSG and what a better team to watch than they Cyclones. Hope I can pull it off.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Seriously thinking about flying out there next weekend. See tickets stubhub are $300 plus for poor seats. Not that I mind paying that much - but does ISU offer a section? I don't donate much - so I'm guessing I don't qualify - but I can't imagine that much of our section gets used up either that far away.

If you think $300 is bad, wait till you see the price for hotels. I'm thinking of going too!

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'm definitely going Sunday if we win Friday but ticket prices are going to be insane with UConn playing there this weekend.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Pretty sure ISU gets more tickets for this next round so I would check with them. It's a quick turnaround, lot of people coming off of Spring Break, not a cheap place to go to so there might not be as many "higher level" donors go that you might expect to.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Found some cheap transportation fedex flights and can be sneaked into the game for under thirty bucks:

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Man. I am really thinking about flying out friday. Going to the game. Flying home saturday morning.

No need for a hotel then. WHose with me?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
If you think $300 is bad, wait till you see the price for hotels. I'm thinking of going too!

You might want to consider flying into Newark, staying in New Jersey somewhere and take the train to Penn Station. It might mean cheaper rooms.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Man. I am really thinking about flying out friday. Going to the game. Flying home saturday morning.

No need for a hotel then. WHose with me?

Plenty of things to do in a city that never sleeps, that's for sure. But, you wouldn't want to stick around and watch Iowa State play in the Elite 8 game for the chance to go to the Final Four?

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Plenty of things to do in a city that never sleeps, that's for sure. But, you wouldn't want to stick around and watch Iowa State play in the Elite 8 game for the chance to go to the Final Four?

Obvously I would want to stay for that game but I would be doing this by myself and this would be a lot cheaper.

Where do you get tickets for this at?

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
You might want to consider flying into Newark, staying in New Jersey somewhere and take the train to Penn Station. It might mean cheaper rooms.

Yes, this is a pretty decent thing to do. New Brunswick is on the train line and has some reasonable hotels close to the NJ transit station and it is the home of Rutgers, so decently fun. Westfield, NJ is also on the train line but only has one hotel close to NJ transit and it's not great. There's a hotel in Rahway, NJ, but Rahway isn't the greatest place in NJ (kind of a smaller Newark) but it's easy into Penn Station from there. Absolutely fly into Newark though. JFK and LGA are awful.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
Tickets have been sold out for weeks (gleaned from NCAA official ticketing website - only tickets left for weeks have been VIP packages that were >>$1000). It appears that, unless you a are a huge donor, you'll have to go through a re-seller like Stubhub or scalpers.

I've been keeping an eye on Stubhub for this round since we saw our seed; currently, tickets to the Friday games only start around $300, while tickets good for Friday AND Saturday start around $400-450.