MSG Tickets

TheAntiHawk

Mar 29, 2013
New York is not as expensive as most people think, especially if they follow your advice. I just checked Orbitz. $507 flight arrives Noon Friday and returns Monday. $89/night hotel at the Newark Ramada. Take trains from EWR to Penn Station, go upstairs, and you are there.

It isn't cheap, but this is the same kind of money you would have paid in San Antonio.

Be careful at the Newark Ramada. Be careful setting foot in Newark period.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Or we all just stay at Hogue's house in Yonkers. Seriously, hotels up in Yonkers are also going to be much less than right in Manhattan.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Be careful at the Newark Ramada. Be careful setting foot in Newark period.

Seriously. I've stayed at many hotels in Newark. If you stick with national brands, you are fine. They had the Super Bowl in New Jersey. If you are "scared to set foot in Newark period," then you shouldn't go anywhere near Manhattan either. Frankly, you probably get freaked out in Des Moines also.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Iowa State’s NCAA ticket allotment for the East Regional games will be allocated as follows:

• Cyclone Club Members - 913 Tickets
  • Iowa State Students - 187 tickets
  • Participating Student-Athlete’s Family/Guests - 76 tickets
  • Coaches’ Family and Administrative Travel Party - 74 tickets
Because of the extremely limited availability, only Cyclone Club members who are also men’s basketball season ticketholders at the Directors (maximum four tickets), Victory (four tickets), Captains (two tickets) and Gold (two tickets) levels may request tickets. Tickets to the East Regional cost $295, $250, or $200 (depending on location) and are good for all-sessions (regional semi-final games and regional final game), regardless if Iowa State advances or not.

Additional info:

Ticket orders should be placed on Monday, March 24 between 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. either in person at the Iowa State Athletics Ticket Office or by phone at 888-478-2925, locally at 515-294-1816. Requesting tickets does NOT guarantee fulfillment. All tickets will be allocated according to giving level and priority points within the respective level. Ticket holders will be notified by 2:30 p.m. if their request cannot be fulfilled.

If tickets remain after 2:30 p.m. on March 24, they will be offered to all other Cyclone Club members who are also men’s basketball season ticketholders. The limit will be two (2) tickets per account and seats will be allocated based on giving level.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No. Westchester County is north of NYC.

We used Westchester for the Pinstripe Bowl. Small airport without many options if there is a problem. Also, you need to use cabs to get anywhere. Worked fine for us, but without the "urban freedom" you have when you stay closer. I would recommend Newark, especially because you are coming to Penn Station.

You also may want to use Priceline. We got $125/night at the Hennesly on 42nd Street for the Pinstripe Bowl!

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Westchester County is considered the dividing line between NYC and upstate NY. People born in NYC would welcome upstate being annexed by Canada. People born in upstate would be OK with NYC being annexed by the Atlantic Ocean.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I already have my plane ticket and have family living outside NYC. Now I just need to find three tickets.

If anyone has any hookup for tickets through Iowa State, I'd owe you for life.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Family has decided it's too expensive. Dallas, however, will not be.

Not sure that Dallas is going to be that much cheaper, if at all. New York doesn't have to be as expensive as people tend to assume.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Westchester County is considered the dividing line between NYC and upstate NY. People born in NYC would welcome upstate being annexed by Canada. People born in upstate would be OK with NYC being annexed by the Atlantic Ocean.

The airport is on the Connecticut border!

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
JFK is easy too. Take airtrain to Jamaica and lirr to penn station. 20 min train ride for less than $10 (+5 for AirTrain). Do this for work all the time.

My boss got tickets (tavern uconn fan, but went to michigan), but didn't splurge on me.... D'oh... I could have stayed at my office for free. Probably best as I fly to San Fran Monday for vacation.

Help Support Us

Become a patron