Tickets for San Antonio

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So we are thinking of driving down from Iowa. It looks like tickets are dirt cheap.

Any tips for the drive. It looks like it is about 16 hours. Do you run into trouble around Dallas? What about San Antonio....is it hard to get around there? Any place we should stay?

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
I'm saving my money for a trip to NYC and watching ISU in Madison Square Garden :spinny:

Smart man! Im so devastated Syracuse won't be playing 2 home games there:SLEEP:. I have faith the Clones will bring more fans than Nova or UVA despite being further away though after the KC showing!!!!!!!

If anyone wants a hotel 2 blocks from MSG I'd love to give my reservation to a Clone if possible so PM me if your serious it will be yours next Sun/Monday after the Clones beat UNC it was just 120 on expedia per night before fees Fri and Sat nights.

But yeah it really sucks I had it all planned out to see ISU and whoever else in Memphis Thurs and fly to NYC in time for the East Sweet 16 Friday since I bought a ton of tix to scalp on stubhub to the Memphis regional (ISU would have taken over Fed Ex Forum big time if they got seeded in the south and I'd have made a killing and paid for NYC lol.) And after seeing the refs steal games for OSU against both ISU and Cuse last 2 years Im not even sure I'll make it to Beale St (lets go Dayton!!!)

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
So we are thinking of driving down from Iowa. It looks like tickets are dirt cheap.

Any tips for the drive. It looks like it is about 16 hours. Do you run into trouble around Dallas? What about San Antonio....is it hard to get around there? Any place we should stay?

On DFW, really depends on the time you go through. Avoid 7-9 am and 4-6:30/7 pm if possible.

You would probably head right on 35 the whole way. In Dallas, 35 splits in Denton to 35E (Dallas side) and 35W (FW side). FW usually is easier to navigate through. As with most big cities, traffic usually sucks, so if you never come to a full stop on the interstate I would consider it a success! (Don't hold your breath)

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
See the link I posted at the bottom of the second page of this thread. You can still get really good seats from Ticketmaster for less than StubHub prices.

Was asking as much for future reference and late deciders where these tickets may not be available.

(I bought my tickets through Ticket Master and doing will call for pick up)

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Also for those driving, be careful on I-35 from DFW to SA. Lots of construction and traffic, be prepared to pop over a hill and have to slam on your brakes at any time. Avoid rush hour if possible. I recommend using the toll road bypass around Austin.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Tickets are bought!

Heading down bright and early Friday morning. Staying with a couple Creighton people on the Riverwalk. See you all at the bottom!

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Where are people sitting?

It looks the Groupon is good for balcony sections 203-213 and 219-229. I'm contemplating grabbing some before the deal expires.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Where are people sitting?

It looks the Groupon is good for balcony sections 203-213 and 219-229. I'm contemplating grabbing some before the deal expires.

Thats what I did. Not the best seats, but could possibly move and thats a tough deal to pass up. I bought just Session 2, then was hoping to maybe grab session 3 from a poor UNC/Baylor/Nebby fan after they bounce.

chris401

Nov 22, 2010
Thats what I did. Not the best seats, but could possibly move and thats a tough deal to pass up. I bought just Session 2, then was hoping to maybe grab session 3 from a poor UNC/Baylor/Nebby fan after they bounce.

Same here; just bought the Groupon with the hope that we can move up once the game starts. And will be looking for some Sunday tickets on the open market.

Pweitkem

Mar 16, 2014
Creighton alum here. I have four tickets together in section 106 for the Creighton games. Any Cyclone fans going to be in town that want the tickets to the Friday / Sunday Cyclone games?

Pweitkem

Mar 16, 2014
Anybody know the scalping situation in S.A.? Anything like K.C.?

Scalped tickets to the Missouri / Oklahoma Big XII Championship game a few years ago. There was no scalping at all outside of the venue.... must be illegal. We found one guy that was scalping, he swindled us, but at least the tickets got us into the arena.

JayCG

Mar 16, 2014
Hello...congrats on a great season so far. I am a Creighton fan, and I ended up with four extra tickets to Iowa State's Friday session that I am not able to use. I purchased the tickets through StubHub, and they are in the lower bowl section 103. The seats are together. I am looking to get back what I paid for them, which is $80 x 4 = $320. Please PM me if you are interested in the tickets.

Good luck in the Tournament!