Any word on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Clone dude needs to take a chill pill. IF anything did happen it would be the security contractors fault not ISU'S.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Police or Security? Big difference. I think Security would be a given. But Police would be a bad sign.

If this indeed did happen, Iowa could very well sue Iowa State for damages. I would think it's ISU's responsibility to provide security for opposing teams, right?

Wow. Talk about a program going in the wrong direction. We embarrass ourselves on the field, and now even worse, we can't even provide a safe and secure environment for traveling teams. What a joke we are right now.

Actual police. He said they were coming in and out of the lockerroom. He also said that he has been unable to confirm anything regarding this.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No, but when we travel to Iowa, our players get stuff thrown at them too from the Iowa fans. It's just stupid. If the fans can't be more civil, on both sides, then don't even play the game anymore. It's just dumb.

This rivalry is pretty mild compared to a lot of them.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Clonedude, just stop. My God, you act as though ISU is helping the Taliban and the cause of the mess in Syria.
Take a deep breath and relax.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
why do people believe things without finding out the source or truth? it's not just this but everything people believe.

also, anyone else see that guy laying a pool of his own blood on the east side of the stadium at the end of the game?

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis
I posted this on HN. Two long time subscribers on the HawkeyeReport pay board are the ones claiming they have sources that collaborate the accusations. Also there apparently was a Facebook post early this morning from Iowa player Nate Maier saying his phone was missing after the game.

For a second, I thought you typed "corroborate" meaning they could confirm or give support to the accusations. But collaborating (working jointly) on an accusation... that I can believe.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Until it's actually confirmed by a source, then I will continue to argue against it. I know the security we go through to protect personal belongings and lengths we go for the security of players after games. While it may be entirely possible, I find it more likely that trollers be trolling.
we should know that you are a relaible source that knows anything about security because you aren't trolling?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
why do people believe things without finding out the source or truth? it's not just this but everything people believe.

also, anyone else see that guy laying a pool of his own blood on the east side of the stadium at the end of the game?

If it was a Cyclone fan he probably committed suicide.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Nobody believes it ****** sakes. Asking for anyone's input to refute hawkfromnorwalk. Why is this so confounding for folks to understand?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Clonedude, just stop. My God, you act as though ISU is helping the Taliban and the cause of the mess in Syria.
Take a deep breath and relax.

All I'm saying is that the game was embarrassment enough, but at least it's just a game. It's meaningless. But when another team can't even feel safe and secure coming to your school, that's a whole other matter. It makes you really ashamed of your school. A school I graduated from and have always been proud of.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Until we see a link confirming this...and there will be if its true...then nothing happened.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll wait for a KCRG or Gazette article on this...DMR would go with a story of an Elvis sighting if it somehow was against ISU.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

I heard about someone getting there *** kicked, so it might have been that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron