Friday OT - Are you an expert?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
On what topic do you feel like you're an expert, an aficionado? Anything from cars to making quesadillas, it doesn't matter - what's your "thing" on which you feel like you can speak as an authority?

I, for one, can make toast better than just about anyone on Earth. You should all be jealous. Also, I know a lot about car seat safety.

Yours?

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I once took an online test to see if I could correctly identify real vs. enhanced boobs. I scored 100%. So, I could argue that I am a boob expert.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Flooring. Been in the field 19 years. I also think I could give you a run for your money on toast.

I am impressed with the flooring, but seriously. Can't beat my toast. It's just not going to happen. Plus, IT'S ALL I HAVE! I can make that and macaroni & cheese. ;)

(You forgot conspiracy theories!! :wink:)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Very good with the personal computing side of things...still need some work on the server side.

Intuit says I'm a Quickbooks expert although some days I wonder. :biglaugh:

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
excel - I use it at work and home. Chances are, if I use the same excel sheet enough, I'll go ahead and write in a few macros for it.

And while I consider myself at the "expert" level in excel, I have ran into a few that are excel wizards. They work magic with that program.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Travel Trailers, Call of Duty, Playa Del Carmen, MX. Pretty much the cat's meow on those three things.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm pretty good with Excel but I think it's more that I'm surrounded by dip *****. We have a couple people completely oblivious to the SUM function and it's infuriating.

If you work in Excel frequently and don't know how to use
- Macros
- Lookups
- Pivot Tables

You need to get yourself educated and make your life easier.

I'd also say I'm an expert on basically all Office products...even that bastard Access.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Smoking ribs on a Weber kettle

I've just started trying this. Got a son that is crazy about Ribs. First attempt was ok, but I started too late in the day and got to the point where we just had to eat whether they were perfect of not. Second attempt was much better, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert yet. If you need an apprentice let me know. It's at a minimum a great excuse to sit on the deck and drink beer all afternoon.

For me...

Some would consider me a hydraulic expert although I haven't worked in that area directly for a while so probably a little past my prime.

I can also hold my own against almost anyone when it comes to knowledge of No Limit Hold Em and Pearl Jam.