***Official ISU vs Oklahoma State Gameday Thread***

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Time for the Clones to come after Gundy. Cuz he's a man, he's forty. Go CLONES!!!!!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great movie quote.....

When is everyone hitting the tailgate? I will be in ames around 12:00 all goes as planned.....

I just went by the stadium. Not much going on yet. Even the RV lot is sparsley occupied. These Friday games are wierd.

One important note relates to the public lots. I am going to tailgate in the public lot near Hilton (right next to Hilton where the band warms up). The parking spots are all taken for the All-State Music Festival and they were parking people on the grass south of Scheman. However, they said that they aren't going to park people on the grass between the lot south of Hilton and Hilton itself. I intend to go over about Noon, even though they told me the lot wouldn't open until 1. They didn't really seem to have a plan, so I think I should be able to get before 1.

I'm just telling others that hundreds of the public lot spots may not be available at 1. They may let more people in as the All-State folks leave, but I don't know when that will be.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Let me go out there and say I think we win. I got railed on earlier this season when I predicted Texas would roll us. In that same post I said we would then go on to beat someone later this season that no one thought we had any business beating. I don't think Texas Tech was all we have in the upset tank this year.

The Cyclones are going to come out and put ISU on the map in a way that has never been seen before. Every team has an off week where things to go wrong and just don't click. OSU is overdue for that to happen. They have Bedlam up next. It's going to be 40 degrees out during the game. There's a 130 lb jinx on the sideline. They're coming off a short week. This game to OSU will be what Iowa State vs Mizzou was when we had the chance to lock up the North Title.

This is the one. ISU become bowl eligible, ruins OSUs national title hopes, and gets more ISU football pub than ever in history all on one night.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Let me go out there and say I think we win. I got railed on earlier this season when I predicted Texas would roll us. In that same post I said we would then go on to beat someone later this season that no one thought we had any business beating. I don't think Texas Tech was all we have in the upset tank this year.

The Cyclones are going to come out and put ISU on the map in a way that has never been seen before. Every team has an off week where things to go wrong and just don't click. OSU is overdue for that to happen. They have Bedlam up next. It's going to be 40 degrees out during the game. There's a 130 lb jinx on the sideline. They're coming off a short week. This game to OSU will be what Iowa State vs Mizzou was when we had the chance to lock up the North Title.

This is the one. ISU become bowl eligible, ruins OSUs national title hopes, and gets more ISU football pub than ever in history all on one night.

What is this guy going to be on the OSU sideline?

Last edited:

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
we win tonight we throw every bad stereotype of isu athletics out the window. its the coming out party of this whole football program time to shock the world

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Man to I hope we don't hear it much but their fight song (not sure if its the official fightsong, but the song they play after the score touchdowns) has always been one of my favorites.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I had a dream last night. The game was moved to Clyde Williams Field for some reason. In this intimate setting the Cyclones hung around and then ended up winning 20-16 on a 4th quarter punt return for TD.

The Clyde Williams part was out there, but clearly the rest is going to happen.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I had a dream last night. The game was moved to Clyde Williams Field for some reason. In this intimate setting the Cyclones hung around and then ended up winning 20-16 on a 4th quarter punt return for TD.

The Clyde Williams part was out there, but clearly the rest is going to happen.

I had a dream the other night that we won this game, 65-61, after trailing 48-27.

Eating that last gordita was a poor life-choice.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Any motivational quotes for today's game?

Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.
Played a great game...all of you. Great game.

I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.

I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years --
None of you ever knew George Gipp.
It was long before your time.
But you know what a tradition he is at Notre Dame...

And the last thing he said to me -- "Rock," he said -
"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the
breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there
with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...

I don't know where I'll be then, Rock", he said - "but
I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron