Staying at 10?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
taking ND in everything but football would be a huge mistake paving the way for Texas to do the same.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone else kind of cheering for Mizzou to leave now?

I'm torn. I'm sick of their crap and if it will help the Big 12 get back to 12 then I'm all for it. But I enjoy playing them every year as a conference rival. And we really would be on an island if they left. I think the Big 12 is fine and will last, but I still wouldn't like to look at a map and see us surrounded by teams that are in difference conferences.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
"Big 12 administrator" could be any administrator at any school or at the conference office. Can't speak for the whole conference. They have no idea what number to settle on. The plan is to wing it and see how it turns out. Same as it has been the whole time.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
While I'm not a big fan of either, BYU and Boise State get lots of national TV attention, more than they deserve in my opinion.

BYU to the Big 12 maybe would be okay and I mean okay in the sense like this guy's okay.

tumblr_lg9i2r6Bdl1qbkdz7.jpg

We should never consider Boise St. I love seeing them do great but they are far out in the middle of nowhere and add little in terms of market for a BCS league looking to rebound after being poached and defections.

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
Stop at ten and wait for schools to be disgruntled in the 'almost super conference' setup of 14 teams. I promise that some schools are not going to be happy about the dilution of their votes/money etc.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
They are saying this waiting for the ACC to pick up UConn and Rutgers to finish off the big east. Then the Big 12 can say to the Big East teams they want come on down.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
My administrator told me that we are safe. She spoke with Pollard and was told, if Missouri leaves, we are in for a shocker of a pick up. The Big 12 has a plan in place for whatever happens. If Missouri stays we won't add the shocker... And by shocker I don't mean the gang symbol...

It's official...

Wichita State is #11.

Everyone tweet it.

wichita-state.jpg

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Its all about the tier 1 deal, if they can renegotiate that, then hopefully we go to 12, but I think most schools will think the money will be stretched too thin with 12.
Lets say we'd bring in 20 mil each with 10 schools, if we moved to 12 teams it would be16.6 mil. Not that big a deal imo since its still more that what everyone was were making last year under the old tier 2 contract.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I do not have a problem having 10 teams in conference, if ISU can make more money that way. I would like MU to be one of them. I doubt if the Big 12 goes away in 6 years after all that has happened now this year. I think we will be a stronger group because of it. TCU will have to earn their stripes now. If things do get shaky in the future, ISU will most likely have a stronger voice in the direction what will be at that time. The main thing is we should not rush into anything now and add another Nebraska, Colorado or Tammy. That would not help our conference.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
"Big 12 administrator" could be any administrator at any school or at the conference office. Can't speak for the whole conference. They have no idea what number to settle on. The plan is to wing it and see how it turns out. Same as it has been the whole time.
This is the dumbest post ever. You honestly believe there is no strategic plan?? That JP, GG and others like them are just winging it. You're a lost cause.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We need 12 teams, just so our conference name still makes sense.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I think the last rumor reported was that if Missouri stays, the Big XII stays at 10 with TCU. If Missouri leaves, the Big XII expands to 12.

Which to me makes no sense. It may mean more money for each school, but I hope the members of this conference are willing to give up a little each year to make the Big XII stronger by expanding to 12 teams.

If Missouri leaves, I think FOX has told us "Add markets." This is why we would go to 12, I think.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Texas really wants to stay at 10. I think that Neinas is placating Dodd's wishes for a 1- 2 year period so that the money, under current distribution, is divided among fewer schools. After this period, and ahead of the new TV contract negotiations, additional teams will be announced expanding the conference to the larger TV footprint. The associated risk is that the teams you want will have been taken by another conference. But this implies that that WV, Louisville, BYU, etc have someplace else to go.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It looks like one of MO's complaints is that there would be 10 teams instead of 12 because they want to revert to divisions and play one less conference game. I can't imagine that ISU, KU, KSU, Baylor, would have a problem with this.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
My administrator told me that we are safe. She spoke with Pollard and was told, if Missouri leaves, we are in for a shocker of a pick up. The Big 12 has a plan in place for whatever happens. If Missouri stays we won't add the shocker... And by shocker I don't mean the gang symbol...

Since when has the "shocker" been a gang symbol. Either that hand symbol has morphed into something different since my childhood or you have your hand signals crossed up.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone else kind of cheering for Mizzou to leave now?

Heck no. We need to keep all the Big 8 schools we can, and wouldn't you rather we kept the basketball tourney in KC instead of Dallas where nobody cares about it?