Vanloo 2012

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
It sounds like from this news story, that Vanloo won't play in 2011 due to NCAA.

Julie Vanloo aux Etats-Unis... mais dans un an

from Basketfeminin.com
french-google translate

If Vanloo Julie joined the United States and the University of Iowa, it was not until 2012.
Dans un an.​
Within a year.
La jeune meneuse ostendaise n'a en effet vu sa bourse octroyée que pour la prochaine saison, pas dans l'immédiat.​
The young leader Ostend has indeed been granted only for his scholarship next season, not right now.
Après l'Euro U18 en Roumanie au début du mois d'août, elle décidera de son avenir pour cette saison.​
After Euro U18 in Romania at the beginning of August, she will decide his future this season.

3153992-4508524.jpg

(Photo: FIBA)​
(Photo: FIBA)

Julie Vanloo avait signé une lettre d'intention pour l'Université d'Iowa, son dossier a été accepté et une bourse prévue, mais pour 2012 seulement, ont indiqué les parents de la jeune ostendaise de Declercq Stortbeton Waregem.​
Julie Vanloo had signed a letter of intent for the University of Iowa, his case has been accepted and a scholarship provided, but only for 2012, said the parents of the young of Ostend Declercq Stortbeton Waregem.
" En raison de différents facteurs et de la stricte réglementation de la NCCA, le rêve de Julie d'aller aux USA est postposé d'un an "​
"Due to various factors and the strict regulation of the NCCA, the dream of Julie to go to USA is postponed for one year"

Avec Benny Mertens, Julie Vanloo va disputer l'Euro U18 en Roumanie du 4 au 15 août à Oradea avant de décider de l'orientation de sa prochaine saison.​
With Benny Mertens, Julie Vanloo will contest the U18 Euro in Romania from August 4 to 15 in Oradea before deciding the direction of the next season.
L'objectif est toujours de rejoindre les Etats-Unis pour 2012, tant pour Julie Vanloo que pour Bill Fennely, le coach d'Iowa.​
The objective is always to reach the United States in 2012, both Julie Vanloo for Bill Fennelly, the coach of Iowa.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Well at least cam newton was eligible. The ncaa is always right and doing the best to save college athletics :swoon::jimlad:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I know it has nothing to do with basketball but I bet that girl is a looker when she is out on the town. Just my guess.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Does anyone have an updated Google document for our open schollies?

I have one, but it needs a little cleanup before I can make it public (I usually keep track in an excel doc, so this one is a bit out of date). I'll post it shortly.

Here it is. It covers the entire Fennelly era. It should be pretty accurate since I was following the team for all but the first two seasons, but let me know if there's anything I missed. It currently assumes Vanloo will show up this fall, and I won't change that until I hear something more official.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Hw4YadENoMGQwSVdJVkhqZ0J5TkNMMjZHTkE&hl=en_US

Last edited:

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
Here it is. It covers the entire Fennelly era. It should be pretty accurate since I was following the team for all but the first two seasons, but let me know if there's anything I missed. It currently assumes Vanloo will show up this fall, and I won't change that until I hear something more official.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Hw4YadENoMGQwSVdJVkhqZ0J5TkNMMjZHTkE&hl=en_US

Great, thanks MRed. That looks like the one I was working off of, except I moved Vanloo to the class of '12. That is what prompted my curiosity, do we still have open schollie's for the class of '12? Assuming no attrition, I see 15 including Vanloo.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Great, thanks MRed. That looks like the one I was working off of, except I moved Vanloo to the class of '12. That is what prompted my curiosity, do we still have open schollie's for the class of '12? Assuming no attrition, I see 15 including Vanloo.

2012 is full if Vanloo comes here (in '11 or '12). The only exception is if a player leaves unexpectedly or Arganbright reverts to being a walk-on again, although I'm guessing the latter isn't likely. Fennelly has stated in the past he prefers to not keep a full roster because finding PT for everyone is a big issue, so no matter what happens I expect 2012 recruiting to be done.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
2012 is full if Vanloo comes here (in '11 or '12). The only exception is if a player leaves unexpectedly or Arganbright reverts to being a walk-on again, although I'm guessing the latter isn't likely. Fennelly has stated in the past he prefers to not keep a full roster because finding PT for everyone is a big issue, so no matter what happens I expect 2012 recruiting to be done.

Who knows if Vanloo wants to wait to 2012 though. A year can seem like an eternity to a teenager.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006

Thanks again Mred. :smile:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think ISU as a whole should stop taking chances on kids overseas. It almost never seems to work out in the end.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
That was a tad different she was in the U.S. as a foreign exchange student 10 miles down the road.

Well then don't make wide sweeping statements...I realize that she was just down the road but she too was an international student coming in the university.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Well then don't make wide sweeping statements...I realize that she was just down the road but she too was an international student coming in the university.

The German kid, what's his name, also was playing HS BB in Illinois.

G didn't turnout to be a great recruit although she was a juco AA.

Then again Lauren, another juco, is doing OK on the WBB team now.

Do you consider Dee Francis an international player?

I agree, you can't make sweeping statements. There is risk-reward involved with international players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron