Vanloo 2012

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Plenty open. 4 free this season, 5 free next season. I assume BF is looking to bring 2 or 3 more in for next season.

Yup, not like in MBB, this is not a factor. Does Bill ever actually have all his scholarships filled? The extra scholarships that WBB gets don't really seem to be needed most years.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Injuries seems to be the big thing, but without them and 15 schollies, that seems to be a recipe for lots of transfers. I seem to see more ACL injuries in the women's game than in the men's game. I believe the way Bill coaches - specifically using guys from campus as the scout team to scrimmage against - he doesn't need to go 15 deep with schollie players.

At least I assume he still does this, back in the day I reffed scrimmages and he used them then.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I do believe BF still uses boys for practices, though NCAA has been questioning this for a while, but some big time WBB schools have been fighting it.

My only concern is our guard depth. Not that I don't like, or have a lot of excitement for the season or for them, but we in essence have 4 guards for 3 spots, unless a walk-on gets in the rotation. That is 30 minutes a piece. That is a lot of minutes for 2 soph and 2 fresh.

Perhaps staff hit the pavement hard for a juco and just didn't find one/get one of caliber, but one major injury, and we are in trouble.

Losing the guard court leadership that Jess could have brought hurts us more this year, than last.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We'll almost certainly have to play three posts (Hallie or Z at 3?) at times. Elly is essentially a walk-on, so that's 10 Div I players on the roster:

Combo Guards:
Moody
Bingley
Kidd

Shooting Guard/Wing:
Brynn

Prins
Hallie
Z
Ellis
Baier

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
We'll almost certainly have to play three posts (Hallie or Z at 3?) at times. Elly is essentially a walk-on, so that's 10 Div I players on the roster:

Combo Guards:
Moody
Bingley
Kidd

Shooting Guard/Wing:
Brynn

Prins
Hallie
Z
Ellis
Baier

There is Hagedorn too as a walk-on, but I don't know if her level of play is D-1 level or not.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron