BASKETBALL RECRUITING: JUCO PG visiting next week

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just heard two things regarding next week's home football game against Northern Illinois. Iowa State will have two basketball players (that I know of) will be in town for visits.

The first is Tyrus McGee, a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Cowley County Community College in Arkansas City, Kan. From what I've been able to put together, McGee is a top target for the 2011 class. Not sure on other offers or anything like that yet. According to his Rivals profile, Creighton has offered. That's all that I can find right now. I will call Matt Perrault to see what he knows.

Tyrus McGee - Yahoo! Sports

Tyrus McGee

In another note, Dennis Tinnon never made it to town yesterday due to a scheduling conflict. He'll be coming to town next Thursday for the football game instead.

Wallacelantz

Dec 30, 2008
Sports Xpress Recruiting Xclusive:Tyrus McGee | SportsXpress on Xanga

"McGee is a name on the rise, he already is hearing from the likes of Colorado,TCU,Missouri,Indiana,Iowa State,Oral Roberts,Wichita State,Utah State,Cal-Riverside, and Kent State."

http://www.cowley.edu/news/releases/sports0910/mbball03032010_1.html

"The 6-foot-2 freshman is second on the team in field goal percentage (50 percent), and first in free-throw percentage (82.4 percent). He leads the team in three pointers made (77), while shooting a team-best 44 percent behind the arc.

He has played his best basketball down the stretch. Over the last eight games, McGee is averaging 22.6 points and 6.3 rebounds per game, and is shooting 56 percent (31-of-54) from three-point range"

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Oh no! Now what will people post in recruiting threads since they can't say, "Why isn't Fred bringing in any JUCO PG's?"

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Rivals has him listed as a shooting guard. Hopefully he's a point guard who just happens to shoot well.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Just heard two things regarding next week's home football game against Northern Illinois. Iowa State will have two basketball players (that I know of) will be in town for visits.

The first is Tyrus McGee, a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Cowley County Community College in Arkansas City, Kan. From what I've been able to put together, McGee is a top target for the 2011 class. Not sure on other offers or anything like that yet. According to his Rivals profile, Creighton has offered. That's all that I can find right now. I will call Matt Perrault to see what he knows.

Tyrus McGee

In another note, Dennis Tinnon never made it to town yesterday due to a scheduling conflict. He'll be coming to town next Thursday for the football game instead.
Given the GMac factor, I hope we don't get McGee.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Err, what? Did you not see the other schools that are interested in him?
Even tho' GMacs gone, somehow that guy will still screw with our MBB mojo ......... Look at Grayer just this week -- let McGee go to creighton first, not be happy and them come to ISU. I'm half kidding here but the last few years of MBB have been brutal.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Tyrus McGee

So that is why TJ was eating by his lonesome at Chipolte.

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
Even tho' GMacs gone, somehow that guy will still screw with our MBB mojo ......... Look at Grayer just this week -- let McGee go to creighton first, not be happy and them come to ISU. I'm half kidding here but the last few years of MBB have been brutal.
Did I miss something or was McD somehow involved in Jeff leaving? Seriously if he was I totally missed that.Can someone fill me in?

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Here are some you tube highlights of him. Looks like good handles and hops.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtyysE7psmg]YouTube - tyrus highlights.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEfULEGP5-I]YouTube - 2009 Kiamichi Dunk Contest[/ame]

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
lets focus on BJ Young first. He is a program changer.
Anyone mind terribly if we were to get both Young and a juco pg?

Also, I think that saying that Young Has qualifying issues is stretching the available truth. What I saw was that his "high school resume" was unimpressive, but that he was blowing it up in AAU play--as he had the previous summer--and that was the reason he hadn't had many offers.

What that says to me is that his play during the school year has been unimpressive--which could be for any number of reasons. It says absolutely nothing about academic issues.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron