"I don't like the Cubs."

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Last edited:
Reactions: cyfanatic

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
You know what else Joey Votto doesn't like? Women.
Votto%20Andrews-thumb-500x375-2237111.jpg

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I am a Cub fan, and I don't have any problem with what he said. Kind of refreshing in a way. Unfortunately, free agency and player's unions have dulled some of the competitive edge in the game, today. As a result, I am far less interested in baseball now than I used to be. I hate it when Derrek Lee, for example, is yucking it up with Albert Pujols. These guys should have a deep seeded hatred for one another, and even if they don't they should be aware of the city they play for and the fans they represent. Be "buddy-buddy" on your own time. This is the way divisional rivalries should be.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is all taken out of context. It is highly possible Joey Votto's comments are a little tongue-in-cheek, but that doesn't come through in writing.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I am a Cub fan, and I don't have any problem with what he said. Kind of refreshing in a way. Unfortunately, free agency and player's unions have dulled some of the competitive edge in the game, today. As a result, I am far less interested in baseball now than I used to be. I hate it when Derrek Lee, for example, is yucking it up with Albert Pujols. These guys should have a deep seeded hatred for one another, and even if they don't they should be aware of the city they play for and the fans they represent. Be "buddy-buddy" on your own time. This is the way divisional rivalries should be.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is all taken out of context. It is highly possible Joey Votto's comments are a little tongue-in-cheek, but that doesn't come through in writing.

I blame these two.

magic-johnson-isiah-thomas-kiss-425.jpg

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Any NL player hoping to play in the World Series this year should be patting Byrd on the back for taking that walk with 2 outs. Had he not done that McCann would not have hit the 3 run double that won the game and the AL might have gone home with home field advantage once again.

Byrd is one of the few guys I can't blame the Cubs problems on this season. He's been the anti-Milton Bradley and hustles more than any guy on the team.

Last edited:

cyclonenate

Oct 5, 2009
Des Moines
Any NL player hoping to play in the World Series this year should be patting Byrd on the back for taking that walk with 2 outs. Had he not done that McCann would not have hit the 3 run double that won the game and the AL might have gone home with home field advantage once again.

Byrd is one of the few guys I can't blame the Cubs problems on this season. He's been the anti-Milton Bradley and hustles more than any guy on the team.

Agreed. Byrd is my favorite

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I will take the Red Sox,Yankees(I hate to say it), or Rays against any National League team right now in the World Series. There isn't a team in the National League that excites me at all.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Joey Votto is a whiney little *****....

On a side note, I don't know anyone who really gives two ***** what he thinks...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I will take the Red Sox,Yankees(I hate to say it), or Rays against any National League team right now in the World Series. There isn't a team in the National League that excites me at all.

I agree but again home field advantage in the World Series is something you want regardless. Getting those first 2 games at home can be pretty important and in a 7 game series doesn't hurt to get 4 of them on your own turf and get the last at bat.