Assistant Coach Possibilities Thread

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Re: The Perfect Tex Winters for Freddy's staff

never. happen.

I disagree. A guy like that would probably love the chance to help a guy with Fred's character in learning the ropes of coaching. It wouldn't be about Iowa at all... it would be about his passion for the game and being able to use it without having all of the responsibility of running a program sitting on his shoulders. I like it.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az

I'm behind it if Fred would want him. He needs to be comfy with his staff. I hope he likes Grayer but lets not foist anyone else on the poor guy before he starts!

As much as I'd like to tweak EIU fans, peeing down their throats is not an attractive image whatsoever.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Could Gray take the Dir. of BB Opp. position and still coach?
I think he wants to get in the gym and teach. FH needs
another proven recruiter and someone with coaching expierience on the staff at least for now.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

The return of the bounce entry pass.

We could do worse.

Very excited about the Fred hire, but do think he needs an older, semi-retired NCAA coach on staff as a mentor.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Hell No!

Someone on Miller and Deace nailed it dead on when they mentioned Jim Hallihan. That's the guy.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Dr. Tom is one of my alltime favorite coaches.....

I hate to admit it but I agree. Dr. Tom's teams at Iowa always had a great understanding of the fundamentals and the guy could manage the game with the best of them. We could do a lot worse for a guy to sit by Fred on the bench and guide him. Let's face it... If Fred can pick this knowledge up then he could potentially become a force in the Big XII coaching ranks. :yes:

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

You have a pee fetish don't you? Its ok to admit. You're among friends. Just don't stand too close to us.

On the bright side, if you get stung by jellyfish, and TruClone is around, you're golden... literally.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I hate to admit it but I agree. Dr. Tom's teams at Iowa always had a great understanding of the fundamentals and the guy could manage the game with the best of them. We could do a lot worse for a guy to sit by Fred on the bench and guide him. Let's face it... If Fred can pick this knowledge up then he could potentially become a force in the Big XII coaching ranks. :yes:

As long as he adapted and realized that it's good to cover the other team's best three-point shooter. Never understood how that problem never got fixed by Dr. Tom.

Either way, I think Fred just might become a force........Fred never fails.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron