MLB: Zambrano Placed on 15 Day DL

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I dont get baseball. There is way too many injuries for such a namby pampy sport. I think injuries like this happen because they sit around in the dugout and there is really no way for them to stay warmed up.

If you run on a cold hamstring too much, you are going to hurt it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Thats why it was so dumb to bring him up when they did. Now he isn't stretched out enough to start.

Randy Wells has been off to a pretty hot start down at Iowa...I wonder if they would give him a shot on Friday?

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I listened to the game on the radio yesterday, so I didn't see the play he was hurt on.

Santo and the fill in for Stone (don't know that guys name yet...during the 5th inning) were talking about how smart it is for your staff ace to be trying to leg out a bunt. The basic point is should you risk injury to a pitcher when it could have been avoided?

I am all for Big Z laying it down and running hard, injury or no injury. The guy is a competitor and I respect him for it. If you recall, he started that inning....and that won the game for him. It should also be noted that Harden was brought in as the pinch runner...irony?

Hope he is fine, I am not that worried this early in the year. Go Cubs!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I listened to the game on the radio yesterday, so I didn't see the play he was hurt on.

Santo and the fill in for Stone (don't know that guys name yet...during the 5th inning) were talking about how smart it is for your staff ace to be trying to leg out a bunt. The basic point is should you risk injury to a pitcher when it could have been avoided?

I am all for Big Z laying it down and running hard, injury or no injury. The guy is a competitor and I respect him for it. If you recall, he started that inning....and that won the game for him. It should also be noted that Harden was brought in as the pinch runner...irony?

Hope he is fine, I am not that worried this early in the year. Go Cubs!

Did you just refer to Pat Hughes as Steve Stone? LOL. I think the new 5th inning guys name is Judd Seriot (sp?)

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA
Zambrano will be tough to replace. Not just anyone has the ability to hit homers and bunt singles.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Well Samardzija is going to have his shot now to prove himself.

If anything, the'll call up Scales to fill out the 25-man, then send him down for Randy Wells when Z's spot in the rotation comes up.

For anyone who thinks they sky is falling, they seriously need to calm down. If this was a position/everyday player, then there would be genuine cause for concern. But it isn't. Pitching is the only area of the team where this is any real depth, and it isn't an arm injury. Relax.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I dont get baseball. There is way too many injuries for such a namby pampy sport. I think injuries like this happen because they sit around in the dugout and there is really no way for them to stay warmed up.

If you run on a cold hamstring too much, you are going to hurt it.

They should have them ride bikes in the dugouts like the lineman do in football.... wearing oxygen masks!!