Tom Brady Roast

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Agree with comment I saw about it being too long.

Could of done without Hart analysis comments after every roaster. Just do a **** you Tom and bring up the next person.

The Affleck bit was also a miss for me

Overall though a solid show.
Forgot to include Affleck in the loser's category and gonna edit to add it now. I think I forgot to include him because of how forgettable his performance was and I was falling asleep. He was not good

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I haven't seen it yet but I'm struggling to envision Belichick laying down consecutive zingers. He could land a good joke at a press conference but it was typically like going to the dentist.

Imo Bill wasn't good. Delivered in his normal boring tone and didn't really roast anyone to bad with his comments.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I thought it was great. If you don't want to dedicate three hours, just fast forward to the Nikki Glaser set. She stole the show.
She's great at these. I haven't seen this one.

My mind will never be changed on Bert. I drink, have a stupid made-up laugh, and take my shirt off...I'm funny!
Only Brendan Schaub is worse. At least Brendan has been finally kicked to the curb.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Norm McDonald is still the champ with his roast of the roast and trolling everyone and Bob Saget knowing full well what he was doing.
Norm’s Bob Saget roast was brilliant. Not exactly the same but Andy Samberg’s performance in the James Franco roast is amazing. I can’t find the full version but it’s even better if you can find it.

Reactions: madguy30

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Guess I was out of the loop on this story. First I've heard about it:

• Wow
Reactions: hlb76

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Norm’s Bob Saget roast was brilliant. Not exactly the same but Andy Samberg’s performance in the James Franco roast is amazing. I can’t find the full version but it’s even better if you can find it.

Samberg just ripped off what Norm did. I like Sanberg but he just did what Norm did but in a different style

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Agree with everyone else. Glazer was the clear best. Hinchliffe and Jay were very good. Had not really heard of Hinchcliffe and searched for a comedy special after watching him. Disappointed to see he doesn't have one.

I think Kevin Hart held his own. Not an easy job for sure to have that much time at the mic.

Edelman, Bledsoe and Peyton Manning were pretty good as ex-players. Randy Moss was bad. Belechik meh.

Affleck was surprisingly terrible. And for professionals, Tom and Bert were terrible and got off the rails with the Hitler and serial killer stuff.

Ron Burgundy was only funny because of his schtick. But what was up with his makeup? His eyes looked like two dots in his head.

Probably just me and the wife, but we started feeling sorry for the Hernandez family.

Damn, Tom Brady just does not age. He looks like he could still suit up tomorrow.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
With the way he drinks I’m surprised Bert is still functional in society.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Harland Williams is moving up into Adam Ray territory for best guest. He’s been on fire during his couple episodes but the Dr Phil bit kills me every time and his full length Comedy Store show is hilarious.

WARNING: Absolutely NSFWUnlessYoureListeningWithHeadphones

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
This was better than I thought it would be, but it had the same issue that every roast has:

Once you get past the first good roaster (Glaser in this one) every joke feels like a retread. We get it:

Hart is short
Gronk is stupid
Bill is never fun
Randy didn't get a ring
Bledsoe got cucked
Edelman is gay for Tom
Tom got divorced

There, I just told you 90% of the script.

By the end the funniest bits were Hart's random "**** you, Tom"s.

Probably didn't help that I didn't know who a single one of the people on the right side of the dais were. Although I might check out Kill Tony now. He was great.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This was better than I thought it would be, but it had the same issue that every roast has:

Once you get past the first good roaster (Glaser in this one) every joke feels like a retread. We get it:

Hart is short
Gronk is stupid
Bill is never fun
Randy didn't get a ring
Bledsoe got cucked
Edelman is gay for Tom
Tom got divorced

There, I just told you 90% of the script.

By the end the funniest bits were Hart's random "**** you, Tom"s.

Probably didn't help that I didn't know who a single one of the people on the right side of the dais were. Although I might check out Kill Tony now. He was great.
The right side of the Dais is the whose who of comedy right now. Kill Tony, Tom Segura, Bert, Glaser, Didn't know the short black lesbian lady, and Jeff Ross. Shane Gillis was in the crowd.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonsin