***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Yep!

I know several Gopher fans that grew up in MSP, none are collective donors (Even $5 or small one off).

Vikings

(large gap)

Twins
Wild
Wolves

(large gap)

Loons
Gopher Hockey
Gopher Football

(large gap)

Tie between Gopher Basketball and Lynx
I'm surprised you don't have Packers on your list

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well, they pulled some potential out of the portal hole:

That seems like a pretty good get for them. It would be hilarious if UNI landed a frontcourt player from a power conference team, while Iowa, who also seems to be looking for a forward, strikes out.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Iowa looking for forwards? They need guards in the worst way. What they have now is a half-can of Flex Seal for the Titanic.
Oh, I know. But if you investigate who they're targeting in the portal, they're after forwards. Unless they are keeping their guard pursuits on the DL.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Oh, I know. But if you investigate who they're targeting in the portal, they're after forwards. Unless they are keeping their guard pursuits on the DL.
That just seems so backwards an nonsensical. I suppose that should be expected given Fran.

Fran seems to be actively executing a plan - just not a plan that has anything to do with the current situation they're in.

Maybe he asked ChatGPT "create a plan for roster management for a basketball team" with no other relevant inputs, and now he is hard core executing it.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
That seems like a pretty good get for them. It would be hilarious if UNI landed a frontcourt player from a power conference team, while Iowa, who also seems to be looking for a forward, strikes out.
According to the Virginia fans on Reddit, we got a baller. They thought he should have played more last year.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I actually like what Jake has done in the portal. Heise is obviously the big loss but he replaced the rest of guys that played with better versions of those players and Born hadn't been healthy for two years...

Reactions: NENick

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Iowa looking for forwards? They need guards in the worst way. What they have now is a half-can of Flex Seal for the Titanic.
If you asked Fran, he'd be happy with the guards/wing shooters he has in Harding, Dix, Sandfort1, Sandfort2 and Thelwell for next season.

Fran seems more about bigs and they don't have depth at the 4/5 spots with: Freeman, Dembele and Braun. IMO Dembele will be a solid player next year (10ppg/6rpg), but they need a couple bench guys.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
WVU gets top 125 recruit who graduates in 2024.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron