Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Anybody notice the 'white font' nameplate on the cardinal jersey? I think that's a miss. It should be gold. They have gold 'Iowa State' on the front, and white names on the back? Really?
I still think it looks cool, but you're right, gold is the more logical choice

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
No issues with the uniforms, not a topic I get too excited about either way. But glad they are bringing back gold pants, prefer those to white.

Cardinal Jersey/Gold Pants
White Jersey/Gold Pants

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
These are a significant downgrade. We finally had good uniforms even if they could use some tweaks but we went back to absolute crap.
IMG_7031.png
IMG_7032.jpeg

Seriously compare the two. We went from something moderately unique to something super standard. Aside from that the execution was just bad. They didn’t solve the issues with the existing set and made some pretty baffling decisions.

Hopefully it is just the images but it appears they have gone back to ketchup and mustard colors. The stripes on the red uniforms are downright bad. They also didn’t even fix the biggest issue which was the lack of cardinal or gold on the black uniforms.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
These are a significant downgrade. We finally had good uniforms even if they could use some tweaks but we went back to absolute crap.
View attachment 128573
View attachment 128574

Seriously compare the two. We went from something moderately unique to something super standard. Aside from that the execution was just bad. They didn’t solve the issues with the existing set and made some pretty baffling decisions.

Hopefully it is just the images but it appears they have gone back to ketchup and mustard colors. The stripes on the red uniforms are downright bad. They also didn’t even fix the biggest issue which was the lack of cardinal or gold on the black uniforms.
I wouldn't call them a significant downgrade. But they're a noticeable step away from unique and towards generic.

Agree on the shades of red and yellow but disagree on bringing color into the black unis... those are so clean as is.

However, my biggest complaints:
1) the shoulder stripes on the cardinal jersey
2) lack of a "collar"
3) shades of cardinal and gold

Ultimately, I think they're fine. They look more professional than the old ones, but that's the trade off with giving up some of the unique details. Oh well, we only need to cheer for this laundry for 5-6 years anyways.

Reactions: Cy37

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
They're fine..I like some aspects better than the old ones. The shoulder stripes looked better when it was just the jersey reveal. With the plain pants they look kind of weird. Doesn't really matter though. They will do the job!

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I wouldn't call them a significant downgrade. But they're a noticeable step away from unique and towards generic.

Agree on the shades of red and yellow but disagree on bringing color into the black unis... those are so clean as is.

However, my biggest complaints:
1) the shoulder stripes on the cardinal jersey
2) lack of a "collar"
3) shades of cardinal and gold

Ultimately, I think they're fine. They look more professional than the old ones, but that's the trade off with giving up some of the unique details. Oh well, we only need to cheer for this laundry for 5-6 years anyways.
IMG_7033.jpeg You don’t need a ton of color on the black uniforms but just something like these old ones for basketball. It needs something to tie into our normal uniform colors.

They aren’t that bad if you take out the red ones but those are going to be really bad. If you fixed the colors and the stripes on the red ones they would be ok. As they are they are bad.

• Disagree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
View attachment 128578 You don’t need a ton of color on the black uniforms but just something like these old ones for basketball. It needs something to tie into our normal uniform colors.

They aren’t that bad if you take out the red ones but those are going to be really bad. If you fixed the colors and the stripes on the red ones they would be ok. As they are they are bad.
That’s light gray. Almost the opposite of black. You absolutely cannot - ever - in any way, shape and/or form ever, ever, ever have “yellow” next to or near “black” on an Iowa State uniform. Ever. Light gray, dark gray, that’s different. Pure black - ONLY white is acceptable (and Cardinal too, but doesn’t make a ton of sense).

The w/b/w combo is by far the best of this new batch. The home and away ones are underwhelming. I’m very concerned that the front jersey numbers are stretched/elongated, like Nike did in their ~2014 iteration back at that time. It’s insane to me how that’s even remotely acceptable. Our “Iowa State” font is solid, it’s unique to us for the most part. It’s not too much to ask that it not be f*cked with. Noel’s #13 just looks “off”. Hope it’s just the angle.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
That’s light gray. Almost the opposite of black. You absolutely cannot - ever - in any way, shape and/or form ever, ever, ever have “yellow” next to or near “black” on an Iowa State uniform. Ever. Light gray, dark gray, that’s different. Pure black - ONLY white is acceptable (and Cardinal too, but doesn’t make a ton of sense).

The w/b/w combo is by far the best of this new batch. The home and away ones are underwhelming. I’m very concerned that the front jersey numbers are stretched/elongated, like Nike did in their ~2014 iteration back at that time. It’s insane to me how that’s even remotely acceptable. Our “Iowa State” font is solid, it’s unique to us for the most part. It’s not too much to ask that it not be f*cked with. Noel’s #13 just looks “off”. Hope it’s just the angle.
The "black cannot touch yellow" rule simply isn't true. 1714595222970.png

Reactions: CyNews

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I don't think we'll get 4 helmets in the near future (unless we are Oregon). Helmets are pretty expensive and each one has to be custom fitted.

We would have to get rid of the black helmet (not doing with this coach)(and I like the black unis), to add gold. Or go to 4 helmets.

Or get rid of the white helmet w/ black logo and have a gold helmet instead.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Guys walking around in baggy cargo shorts apparently have strong opinions on uniforms.
shut ur yapper

i have a pair i wear around the farm during the summer

its great being able to put nails, screws, whatever else in those pockets

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron