Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Agreed. Less busy the better. White accents carefully hidden. I’m just wondering if the helmets will be modified in any way. I’m guessing not. White was probably added to the jersey along with striping on the pants to enhance the W/C/W home uniforms.

Get to work, mockup experts. :campbell:
CyUni 2086 WhitePantWhiteNumGoldTrimPant0Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg
My first crack at this, w/c/w first, no stripes.

I'll take out the red socks, work on some pant/helmet stripes tomorrow, but I'm really not sure which way to go (with these shoulder stripes). :confused:

I could use some suggestions. Cardinal helmet and pant to come.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
View attachment 128466

I'll take out the red socks, work on some pant/helmet stripes tomorrow, but I'm really not sure which way to go (with these shoulder stripes). :confused:

NO - I want trice stripes on the side of the pads where the horizontal stripes are. Those horizontal stripes do nothing for me, the trice stripes have a purpose and growing brand recognition.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
NO - I want trice stripes on the side of the pads where the horizontal stripes are. Those horizontal stripes do nothing for me, the trice stripes have a purpose and growing brand recognition.
Prepare to be disappointed. The Trice stripes are already on the front of the jersey and helmet. But I'd bet we see the throwbacks again soon. Maybe with pants that make our guys look a little less naked from the waist down.

Reactions: Jer and MugNight

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
View attachment 128466

This is probably pretty close to what they're going for. Now the jersey looks less out of place. Assuming we keep a cardinal pants option, I'd bet they have stripes to match the shoulders. I doubt they make any changes to the helmets.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Prepare to be disappointed. The Trice stripes are already on the front of the jersey and helmet. But I'd bet we see the throwbacks again soon. Maybe with pants that make our guys look a little less naked from the waist down.
If anything, I’d love to see the AMES helmet come back. It could even be done on the black or cardinal helmet

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Oh I know it won't happen, but a guy can wish:)

Reactions: CYCLNST8

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Basically, what I'm expecting, we're going to have even less gold in the uniform, as a whole (unless there's any striping plan for the pants, and I don't expect it, and even that would be a minimal element).

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
View attachment 128466

Nice work. I think this will be pretty close. Too much white on shoulder stripes for me but I’ll probably grow to like it. I would think they would go white shoes white socks with this. I’m curious as to why you chose two colored socks similar to what Iowa does when we have never done that before? (And I hope we never do)

Appreciated as always, @t-noah

Reactions: t-noah

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
He responded to a post about the color of the collar. I'm not sure how we could tell if the jersey was the new Nike template from that limited shot.
The placement of Nike Swoosh (in the photo released yesterday) is higher and closer to the collar than last years jersey. Likely signaling a new template, is what I'm guessing the poster's thought process.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
The placement of Nike Swoosh (in the photo released yesterday) is higher and closer to the collar than last years jersey. Likely signaling a new template, is what I'm guessing the poster's thought process.
Yes, it has the seams running across the front on the shoulders to the neck line & it has the terrible new collar - it is def the new template, "chassis"

Reactions: Billups06