New to the Big 12(10) and ISU

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We aren't bad people. If Iowa state was good enough for Johnny Majors it's good enough for us. He's from Tenn, played there were he finished second in the heisman race, and coached there for about 20 years. I read somewhere he took ISU to its first ever bowl game when he was a coach here I think?

The Fulmer IS named after one of your coaches. :)

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Don't even get me started on 'the red team.'

I love a good rivalry. I'm assuming U of Iowa is 1 of the biggest you all have? If it helps any, the only time I have ever watched Iowa play in person was about 3 years ago in a bowl game when we beat them by 20 or so. I bought the mini pack of tickets for this season so I will be in the stands to watch isu hopefully take care of business in September. If isu does win I expect a beer from someone for being a bad luck charm for Iowa. Hopefully my lifetime live viewership for Hawkeye games will be an 0 and 2 record for them.

I like this person! Someone give this guy/gal a beer at tailgate

Just not that horse **** Busch Light. Don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking that's a decent beer.........it's not

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

I love a good rivalry. I'm assuming U of Iowa is 1 of the biggest you all have? If it helps any, the only time I have ever watched Iowa play in person was about 3 years ago in a bowl game when we beat them by 20 or so. I bought the mini pack of tickets for this season so I will be in the stands to watch isu hopefully take care of business in September. If isu does win I expect a beer from someone for being a bad luck charm for Iowa. Hopefully my lifetime live viewership for Hawkeye games will be an 0 and 2 record for them.

Fair warning, my dad graduated from UAT, and I've shouted Roll Tide! plenty of times in my life. :) But, when we played Bama in the Independence Bowl a few (don't even tell me how many years it was!!) ago, I cheered exclusively for my beloved Clones. :)

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
When you usually suck at football, you have to be great at partying.

Yeah, this definitely explains Ole Miss and The Grove. Hotty Toddy indeed.

ole-miss-girl-b.gif

It's not fair that they've paid their way to football success. Hopefully they go down hard for a bit here. :)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

You're modest, you toyed with them and coasted.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Welcome! One of my favorite memories of Tennessee sports was seeing Bruce Pearl shirtless with a painted chest cheering on the women's team. Was cool to see the support.

Reactions: tyler24 and Jjflm62

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Booze and animal flesh? Sounds like I may have to make a stop at your spot before a game sometime this season.
I think I may like this guy. He comes from a program which is almost as good as the THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY in football and I do love U of T[University of Toledo]. WELCOME from Oh-io.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron