NFL: Adrian Peterson's Speed?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, but Woodson caught him once on the sideline. And there was a time the week before, too, when some no-name guy caught him on a breakaway, and I though, "Does that guy run a 4.3 or something?!!":yes:

NFL films has a nice breakdown on the AD TD run. You can see how much more distance AD ran with the lateral cut to the sideline followed by the cut upfield to get around Woodson. Wooden took a straight angle which allowed him to make contact down field.

Robert Smith was an example of a back who relied primarily on speed to make an impact. Peterson has other special talents that make him an elite back - vision, acceleration, and ability to make cuts at full speed.

NFL Video Galleries

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I hope you Adrian haters are being sarcastic....if not get a clue.

I think it's "hater", singular--and he just doesn't think he's that good.

To me, AP looks like he'll be one of the greats to play the game.

And not only a passing game would help, but filling out the rest of the offensive line, with Pro Bowl caliber players. The bigger the holes, the less battering he takes, the longer his career.

You're protecting your investment.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
NFL films has a nice breakdown on the AD TD run. You can see how much more distance AD ran with the lateral cut to the sideline followed by the cut upfield to get around Woodson. Wooden took a straight angle which allowed him to make contact down field.

NFL Video Galleries

Sorry, I was referring to an earlier run, from say, the opposing twenty, when Woodson lassoed Peterson and wrangled him down just as he was about to break past. About a fifteen or twenty yard gainer that I thought might go all the way--but I can see where Woodson had the advantage in angle there, as well.

Robert Smith was an example of a back who relied primarily on speed to make an impact. Peterson has other special talents that make him an elite back - vision, acceleration, and ability to make cuts at full speed.

Very true.

bigredqb7

Apr 11, 2006
Milwaukee
peterson is the next garnett, he will spend his career in minnesota then go to another team and win a title. minnesota also plays in dome, where no teams win championships

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I hope you Adrian haters are being sarcastic....if not get a clue.

I don't hate Adrian Peterson, I just don't think that he will be able to keep putting up those numbers. Right now, yes he is good, but I just don't think he will be able to keep it up for very long. I'm betting this guy is going to have a short carrier.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
IT'S AD!!!! NOT AP!!! it's now gotten to the point where sportscasters are just calling him ADP because so many morans don't know what his nickname is.

/rant

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
peterson is the next garnett, he will spend his career in minnesota then go to another team and win a title. minnesota also plays in dome, where no teams win championships

Didn't Indianapolis win a championship in a dome? Or do you mean to say teams that play in that specific dome can't win championships? Which still doesn't hold true because of the Twins.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I don't hate Adrian Peterson, I just don't think that he will be able to keep putting up those numbers. Right now, yes he is good, but I just don't think he will be able to keep it up for very long. I'm betting this guy is going to have a short carrier.

You're basing this on what? Gut feeling? Because it sure seems like you're just talking useless ****. :)

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
Just a few comments. Both they Rams and Colts have won championships in the last 10 years and last I checked they played in domes. As far as AD fading from memory you have got to be kidding. Sayers played for 6 years and the ones after his knee injury were not what I would call spectacular and he is always mentioned in the "best RB ever" debates. With Medical technology being better these days AD will play as long as his body can take it. I have a feeling that he will learn when to take shots and when not to later in his career but he will never be like Shaun "fall in front of a tackler/ run out of bounds" Alexander. Peterson in less then 2 years has been labeled by the "experts" as the best RB in the game today and thats on a team with no legit QB. Which means he has been doing it against 8 man fronts. Once The Vikings get a solid QB AD will only get more dangerous. I have a feeling that football fans everywhere will be telling their grandchildren "I remember when AD was a rookie..." just like people tell stories of Jim Brown and Gale Sayers.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
If he is hurt and still leading the league in rushing than wow just imagine if he was 100%

I think he is fine he seems to not get the burst as much but in the open field he seems normal I think teams focus on him alot more than last year and that may slow him down a little

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
Maybe I'm wrong, but Adrian Peterson has never struck me as someone who was going to be legendary in the NFL. I think he will be okay, but he seems like someone who will fade out of mind.

I believe it is safe to say you will be wrong. I doubt that he will fade out of mind since he holds the record for most rushing yards in a game in the history of the NFL. The man nearly rushed for 300 yards in one game as a rookie. He nearly had another 200 yard game last week. He is a special talent.

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
IT'S AD!!!! NOT AP!!! it's now gotten to the point where sportscasters are just calling him ADP because so many morans don't know what his nickname is.

/rant

Speaking or rants.....too, not to!

:wink:

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
NFL running backs as a whole are not lasting near as long as they years ago. Besides LT there isn't one back, AD included that I can see breaking the all time rushing yards mark. Guys are just getting bigger and stronger on both sides of the ball and the RB's just can't take the punishment year in and year out.