SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa vs AP/Coaches Poll
AP 3-2
Coaches Poll 3-2

ISU
AP 4-4
Coaches Poll 3-3

The Big 10 is down this year. Only six teams are above .500 in the league, only three are ranked, and the conference is 5th in the RPI (Big 12 is 3rd).

This was Iowa's year to win the regular season conference title, and they couldn't do that. Unfortunately, CC's fairy tale ending of beating OSU on senior day to win the Big 10 title won't happen.

Yeah, The B1G definitely took a step back this year. They have three good teams and then the fall off is pretty steep. Iowa will coast to the sweet 16 but then they are toast in either the third or 4th round.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
This morning when miller and condom came on I was going to listen for when CW was to be on to talk Cyclones. They started with a love fest for CC and how she would take the WNBA to higher levels. She is now in a whole different environment where her teammates/opponents are playing for a job and she will not get the same treatment from them that she got in college.
It was 20 minutes of them slobbering over her and making fun of Iowa State fans who don't think she's the MJ of women's basketball.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
She’s not going to shoot and be as ball dominant as she is in college, she would be teaming up with women and teammates that get paid to be in the wnba as well.
The more I think about it I think you are right. Against much more athletic competition, she’s not likely to be as an effective force with the ball in her hand. I think the Steph Curry comps could be a bit much unless she keeps developing like he did. She could, though, be an immediate off-ball sharp shooter. So I’ll say the floor is like a Klay Thompson and tbd what else happens.

So to all the CC defenders, Klay is an all-time top 100 player in the NBA. In the much newer WNBA that’s way way higher. Her true greatness, like all great players, will be about her continuing development these next few years.

• Haha
Reactions: Candide

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The more I think about it I think you are right. Against much more athletic competition, she’s not likely to be as an effective force with the ball in her hand. I think the Steph Curry comps could be a bit much unless she keeps developing like he did. She could, though, be an immediate off-ball sharp shooter. So I’ll say the floor is like a Klay Thompson and tbd what else happens.

So to all the CC defenders, Klay is an all-time top 100 player in the NBA. In the much newer WNBA that’s way way higher. Her true greatness, like all great players, will be about her continuing development these next few years.
She's also going to be playing with much more athletic talent around her. As a true PG I think she's going to be really effective with the ball, dishing, etc. She has the past two WNBA Rookies of the Year as her C and F. I see her thriving early as an assist monster. I don't see her putting up gobs of ppg, I think people assuming she's going to immediately average >20 ppg are kidding themselves.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
She's also going to be playing with much more athletic talent around her. As a true PG I think she's going to be really effective with the ball, dishing, etc. She has the past two WNBA Rookies of the Year as her C and F. I see her thriving early as an assist monster. I don't see her putting up gobs of ppg, I think people assuming she's going to immediately average >20 ppg are kidding themselves.
I don’t think it’ll be as many assists as you think. The ball will be passed around a lot more. The assist only goes to the last player to make the pass. It’s not going to be CC bringing the ball up the court, make one pass with that player shooting.

• Informative
Reactions: 1776

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don’t think it’ll be as many assists as you think. The ball will be passed around a lot more. The assist only goes to the last player to make the pass. It’s not going to be CC bringing the ball up the court, make one pass with that player shooting.
She's a ridiculously good passer, we'll see.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude