Iowa Football Recruiting

Aug 26, 2014
Iowa's Junior Day hasn't even been held yet.

It is this weekend.
March 5, yes should've said he is attending Iowa's Jr. Day. The point remains, Iowa won't get him, or if they do it will be because Wisconsin doesn't want him anymore.

Aug 26, 2014
Wait, he said that?
Yep, it might not be that close. Now that Lanning is potentially playing linebacker, you might struggle to get to 13 with no quarterback, no receivers, and your defense will be on the field a lot because you have no way to stop our offense.

Aug 26, 2014
This board does not disappoint.

Yesterday, we had @Stewo saying Donovan Jackson is better than Jok and today we have @1976 saying Iowa is going to beat Iowa by at least 3 TD's and the gap may be widening because Lanning is now at LB.

Great stuff.
Iowa State > Iowa at nearly every position in football next year and it's not even really close. The only position groups that are close are the offensive line which I give you a slight advantage and the defensive lines which are pretty much a wash. Every other position, we win and it's not close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't see us beating Iowa this year, I think we're still a year away from being pretty good and like always Kirk will be in Super Bowl mode for it

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Yep, it might not be that close. Now that Lanning is potentially playing linebacker, you might struggle to get to 13 with no quarterback, no receivers, and your defense will be on the field a lot because you have no way to stop our offense.
giphy.gif

tumblr_mh75i0fi7U1qf7m6no2_500.gif

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Iowa State > Iowa at nearly every position in football next year and it's not even really close. The only position groups that are close are the offensive line which I give you a slight advantage and the defensive lines which are pretty much a wash. Every other position, we win and it's not close.

Either you're unaware Jewell and Wadley still play for Iowa or you are a gigantic homer.

Reactions: Hawkmi1987

Aug 26, 2014
I don't see us beating Iowa this year, I think we're still a year away from being pretty good and like always Kirk will be in Super Bowl mode for it
I know it's their Super Bowl, but our offense is going to be very good this year, and with a brand new QB, no receivers, and a new system, Iowa's offense is going to be very bad. He can try to fire them up all he wants, they just aren't going to be good.

Aug 26, 2014
Either you're unaware Jewell and Wadley still play for Iowa or you are a gigantic homer.
So Jewell is going to cover our receivers? Or is he going to blitz every time and get the the QB? So you have 1 guy on defense and 1 guy on offense. The rest of the group is pretty below average.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know it's their Super Bowl, but our offense is going to be very good this year, and with a brand new QB, no receivers, and a new system, Iowa's offense is going to be very bad. He can try to fire them up all he wants, they just aren't going to be good.

I don't think the talent gap will be that big but I'm sure Kirk is already preparing for the game and CMC is just going to treat it like another non conference game and focus on the Big 12 season

Aug 26, 2014
I don't think the talent gap will be that big but I'm sure Kirk is already preparing for the game and CMC is just going to treat it like another non conference game and focus on the Big 12 season
I'm sure the entire spring will be focused around beating us, but I have a lot of faith that year 2 of CMC is going to be pretty special and that will include a beat down of the hoks.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
KF is famous for poaching MAC level recruits. I haven't heard of him being successful poaching power 5 recruits. I have heard of other schools taking his recruits though.

Iowa poached 2 from Minnesota and Pj Fleck last year and one from S. Carolina.

Iowa has flipped many P5 kids, heck a number of them being ISU commits.