Mizzou article on how things transpired for them to leave B12

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Yeah I'll need some time to read it. But I assume the Big 12 is portrayed to be even more dysfunctional than what people think?

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
It says what we all know it would say:

The University of Missouri makes decisions based on selfishness and fear.

Tom Osborne is the most powerful man at Nebraska.

Colorado didn't so much want out as want into the PAC12.

Texas A&M ran away from Texas because of butthurt.

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Cliff's, it was their fault - Texas and Nebraska.
CW can comment on it, but I though he said it was actually's CU that caused us to break up. Nebraska actually agreed to stay but when everyone came back to the meetings to agree on the new TV deal, Colorado never showed up and said see you later.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
b14dae42f8e7cdd59eb98c8d25b624ee.jpg

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Yeah nothing is Mizzous fault. They wanted the Big 10 so badly.
Mizzou actually started the Break Up of the big 12 by talking to Jim Delaney and the B1G..............

This all boils down to One Problem Child ....The University of Texas and their Longhorn Network and if or when the Big 12 disintegrates it will be Thee Texas Longhorns who will have caused it to fail..............

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Got through the whole thing. Pretty good read if you have the time. I'm not sure I buy that Texas was the instigator in the beginning, but I can see their point. Still seems like Mizzou was the first to raise their skirt to another league and say, "hey, check this out," which makes it even more amusing that the Big 10 was never interested in them whatsoever.

Reactions: CyBobby and isu83

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I realize we (myself included) are butt hurt about all of our traditional conference mates leaving, but maybe there is a common denominator?

It's like the guy who's on his 3rd marriage.

Maybe it's time to stop blaming your ex-wives and look in the mirror.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Mizzou actually started the Break Up of the big 12 by talking to Jim Delaney and the B1G..............

This all boils down to One Problem Child ....The University of Texas and their Longhorn Network and if or when the Big 12 disintegrates it will be Thee Texas Longhorns who will have caused it to fail..............
Everyone wants to blame Texas, but it was by far not ONLY their fault. The blame 100% can be placed on Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and A&M. They voted to keep money not spread equally. They voted to run the league like a haves and have nots. Texas gets blamed so much because they were the last ones caught with their hands in the jar.

Go back and read the votes of Nebraska voting against equal profit sharing. Their own self righteousness, without a doubt, caused the split that came to pass not so long ago. I get tired of everyone painting Texas as the lone instigator. They had lots of help from other greedy institutions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron