Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Let's see, JC has a sophomore daughter and I have a sophomore son. Cooler has a 3rd grade daughter and I have a 3rd grade son. In days of arranged marriages I could basically have 2/3rds of my work all done. Anybody with an 8th grade son for my 8th grade daughter?
Yep. We're all tangled up in this alliance now.

Reactions: BCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Turned the heat on. Probably could have made it longer had we remembered to open the shades during the day to heat up.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Still 70 in our house but much below this and the heat will be on or I will be looking for my second wife. Personally I am more finicky when it gets hit. I hate being hit and especially inside. My parents would not turn the air on until it was at least 90 to save money so I practically lived in our small basement in the summer.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Still 70 in our house but much below this and the heat will be on or I will be looking for my second wife. Personally I am more finicky when it gets hit. I hate being hit and especially inside. My parents would not turn the air on until it was at least 90 to save money so I practically lived in our small basement in the summer.

didn't have a/c my teen years and again, apartment had a terrible heating/cooling system. I can definitely tolerate it a bit warmer than DH but the gap is closing the more time I spend in a well-HVAC-ed house. Plus work being cold 24/7 seems to keep my blood thick in the summer and less tolerate of warm now, ha.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

When what gets hit? Your wife?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I like the cool weather for sleeping. Low 60s is great. Working outside during the summer I will usually come home and complain about being too cold in the house. Temperatures don't bother me as much, the humidity is what kills me off.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
oh I love cooler weather for sleeping. But I hate having to get out of bed if the room is too cool. If the room is warm when I wake up, I'm much less likely to contemplate how badly I need to go to work that day. So from like 11pm-6am it's at one lower temp, and then it kicks in to warm it up a bit before going back down when we leave for work.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
still trying to find a nice spring/fall jacket that I can do outside things in and such. Failed finding one last winter. I like Columbia, but the one softshell they seem to have is a terrible fit on me. Tried on a North Face one yesterday and I hate how comfy it was and how nicely it fit. I don't want to be a North Face person.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
Everyone is turning their heat on, and I'm still running my AC at night.

Because I live on the ground floor, and my window screens are not the greatest, I don't open my windows. I don't want bugs (or WDSM) getting in. I get really hot through the night, so I frequently wake up around 4 am and have to turn the AC down a few degrees.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Because I live on the ground floor, and my window screens are not the greatest, I don't open my windows. I don't want bugs (or WDSM) getting in. I get really hot through the night, so I frequently wake up around 4 am and have to turn the AC down a few degrees.

Here's your shot WDSM. Show up about 4 and nickels may be groggy enough to let you into the house.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

That hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.