Ryan Anderson Visit

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
So....back to Ryan Anderson....any twitter creepers have updates on how his visit seems to be going in Arizona

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
How about Tork's Pub, the Red Barn, the Beach House, the Red Ram and Shakey's. Now that's going back a ways!

The Red Barn?? How freaking old are you? My first roommates (upon transfer to ISU in the Fall of 1977) worked as bartenders at the Red Barn. I can't remember the owner's name but we spent quite a bit of time there.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
The Red Barn?? How freaking old are you? My first roommates (upon transfer to ISU in the Fall of 1977) worked as bartenders at the Red Barn. I can't remember the owner's name but we spent quite a bit of time there.

No mentions of the Cave In yet?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would think the Anderson sweepstakes will be over within the next 48 hours. It's down to us and AZ, so it should be pretty cut and dry after his visit there.

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
Kids use the Peoples mug in the sandbox. Anyone know if Thumbs is still around? Or The Long Shot?

Thumbs now has the best gin deal in town .75$ on Thursdays all night. Can get dangerous. Especially on their infamous "patio"

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
Tonight is my last collegiate mug night. My mug is scheduled to have a press conference around 2 A.M. saying that he his taking his talents to Kelly's in Kansas City, and the terms of the deal are that he may only be used during the Big 12 Tourney weekend each year.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Tucson is a dump, the woman at the university however are not. No one is going to question if the kid chooses Arizona. Unfortunately the fact that the city has street signs that are not in English probably won't affect his decision much.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Back in the day, my favorite hangout was Lost and Found above Cy's. I wasn't so much into top 40 pop music and the loud craziness of places like Cy's or the Cave In. I just loved the laid back atmosphere of Lost and Found where you could just quietly enjoy a good beer, your friends, and they also played great music up there.

Went to Thumbs a lot too, to enjoy a good beer and some pool after classes. Will never forget the "short" sawed off pool stick they had which came in handy quite often since the pool table was too close to one of the walls. Great memories.

Also enjoyed going and listening to The Sundogs play wherever they were at. First time I saw them was at Dugan's Deli I believe? But I saw them play so many times, it's hard to remember now.

Lot's of great Veishea memories too which I can't really talk about on here. Of course, playing keg softball with a keg on 2nd base was always fun. Lots and lots of great house parties too.

I've often wondered why they don't close off Welch Avenue from Lincoln Way all the way up to Welch Avenue Station and make it into a ped mall like environment? I think that would be nice.

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
Back in the day, my favorite hangout was Lost and Found above Cy's. I wasn't so much into top 40 pop music and the loud craziness of places like Cy's or the Cave In. I just loved the laid back atmosphere of Lost and Found where you could just quietly enjoy a good beer, your friends, and they also played great music up there.

Went to Thumbs a lot too, to enjoy a good beer and some pool after classes. Will never forget the "short" sawed off pool stick they had which came in handy quite often since the pool table was too close to one of the walls. Great memories.

Also enjoyed going and listening to The Sundogs play wherever they were at. First time I saw them was at Dugan's Deli I believe? But I saw them play so many times, it's hard to remember now.

Lot's of great Veishea memories too which I can't really talk about on here. Of course, playing keg softball with a keg on 2nd base was always fun. Lots and lots of great house parties too.

I've often wondered why they don't close off Welch Avenue from Lincoln Way all the way up to Welch Avenue Station and make it into a ped mall like environment? I think that would be nice.

There were potential plans for that, but the price tag was currently too much, and after the 2014 VEISHEA riots, I do not believe that will not be happening anytime soon, but maybe down the road.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I would think the Anderson sweepstakes will be over within the next 48 hours. It's down to us and AZ, so it should be pretty cut and dry after his visit there.

I would not yet rule out San Diego St which is 90 minutes away from his hometown.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
The Cave In was the bomb.
I mentioned the cave in. See my previous posts in this thread. Idk if that was the place with the plastic light up disco floor.....but we found it during a Sips remodel. Under the wood floor in the north west wing.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Are you all talking about the club right next to the fire stations? When I was there it was tazzles, but that was over 20 years ago. Is Peoples still there? It was on the corner of welch and Lincoln way. All glass front and it's were the bands played? Yea loved lost and found.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Are you all talking about the club right next to the fire stations? When I was there it was tazzles, but that was over 20 years ago. Is Peoples still there? It was on the corner of welch and Lincoln way. All glass front and it's were the bands played? Yea loved lost and found.
Peoples went under when I was in college. Believe it was 2008 or 2009 when it went under.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Rumblings by some were that the hope was that an Arizona visit wouldn't happen. But since it did, it is natural that many feel like he'll be going there. But I hope their gut feeling is wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron