*** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Is the one guy wearing an Iowa hoodie?
I'll just say that in my cursory search on google, I have yet to see a yellow Iowa State hoodie that has "Iowa State" split up onto separate lines.

Iowa though...
41DVQ7K3BxL._SY300_.jpg

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
it's clearly IOLA. you guys forgot they don't get the w back til next season. Dude's on top of his shopping game.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, does anybody recognize whether these are Iowa State students or not?

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Just got an email from the Alumni Association asking for feedback, suggestions, etc. [email protected]

I got this too, here is a condensed version of my response:

1. VEISHEA week turns into VEISHEA weekend. Starts Saturday morning with the parade, ends Sunday afternoon.
2. Activities sponsored by VEISHEA end at 8PM.
3. Evening concerts are eliminated, daytime battle of the bands on campus may be an alternative
4. Focus is put on student club activities (chemistry show, physics demonstration, glass blowing, ect)
5. Exception to 8PM end time could be activities at the Rec (or any on campus, indoor venue with alcohol policies): intramural tournaments, comedian, ect.

I also think that the bars on Welch should be involved as well. Ask them to not sponsor events or specials calling out VEISHEA as the reason. I assume VEISHEA is trademarked, don't let them use it in their advertising. VEISHEA needs to be separated from the drinking atmosphere.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I got this too, here is a condensed version of my response:

2. Activities sponsored by VEISHEA end at 8PM.
3. Evening concerts are eliminated, daytime battle of the bands on campus may be an alternative

This is actually the exact wrong way to go about things. All of the problems that have occurred have been due to unofficial activities off-campus getting out of control. If anything there needs to be more official late night activities to draw people on to campus where problems are less likely to happen. (take note that problems only really started with veishea after the 21 drinking age pushed a lot of students away from more controlled drinking in bars or officially sponsored drinking on campus) Moving the concerts and such off of central campus, where they actually drew a lot of people in (as opposed to wherever they moved the venues nowadays) was a mistake.

I would agree with not making it "veishea week", and maybe just making it a Thurs-Sunday thing.