***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
Just seen Andrew Van Ginkel cut his list down to three. Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Thought I heard before we had offered.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Just seen Andrew Van Ginkel cut his list down to three. Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Thought I heard before we had offered.

Can't recall if we had offered, I did read that some time ago our staff cooled on him after seeing him workout in person.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
How many times did that dude commit then decommit from Iowa?

And then he picks Indiana instead? What the what.

Yeah, it was really odd. Committed, de committed 3 times. Finally, the staff had enough and stopped recruiting him. Juan has a pretty rough home life, it sounds like, and is getting some pretty bad advice. When he was living in Iowa, he was living with a teammates family, I believe, and it was much, much more stable. Then this summer it came out that he was going to go live with his biological mom and step dad in Illinois (I think). Once that happened, it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to decommitt again, as his family was wanting him to get a better offer. One of the rumors I heard from a poster with good inside info was that the coaches wanted/needed him to lose some lbs before coming to Iowa. I dont know if that pissed him off or what, but he decommitted shortly after that. Once that happened, Iowa told they were done, wouldnt be recruiting him any longer, and pulled the offer. I think his whole saga, coupled with his immaturity and family have spooked a lot of schools, and is why he (may) is ending up at Indiana. On one hand, its kind of funny. But on the other, I feel bad for the kid. His direction he has been getting from his family has been bad from the start. The kid needs some help.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneAlum08

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Yeah, it was really odd. Committed, de committed 3 times. Finally, the staff had enough and stopped recruiting him. Juan has a pretty rough home life, it sounds like, and is getting some pretty bad advice. When he was living in Iowa, he was living with a teammates family, I believe, and it was much, much more stable. Then this summer it came out that he was going to go live with his biological mom and step dad in Illinois (I think). Once that happened, it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to decommitt again, as his family was wanting him to get a better offer. One of the rumors I heard from a poster with good inside info was that the coaches wanted/needed him to lose some lbs before coming to Iowa. I dont know if that pissed him off or what, but he decommitted shortly after that. Once that happened, Iowa told they were done, wouldnt be recruiting him any longer, and pulled the offer. I think his whole saga, coupled with his immaturity and family have spooked a lot of schools, and is why he (may) is ending up at Indiana. On one hand, its kind of funny. But on the other, I feel bad for the kid. His direction he has been getting from his family has been bad from the start. The kid needs some help.

Pretty sure Juan moved to Wisconsin this summer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Gonzo says Juan still has an Iowa offer and they're still recruiting him FWIW

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Gonzo says Juan still has an Iowa offer and they're still recruiting him FWIW

And he would be incorrect. The day after Juan decommitted, Iowas recruiting coordinator tweeted something cryptic about ending ties with a recruit (paraphrasing). It was pretty much confirmed he was talking about Juan.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And he would be incorrect. The day after Juan decommitted, Iowas recruiting coordinator tweeted something cryptic about ending ties with a recruit (paraphrasing). It was pretty much confirmed he was talking about Juan.

Don't shoot the messenger but @Gonzo is usually right with his inside info

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
@AllenTrieu: Scout team breaks down every member of an #IowaState class which ranks 4th in the Big 12 ($) scout.com/college/iowa-s…