MLB: .

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Offense should be ok, but another year, another round of head scratches from the FO that seem to attack major question marks with either familiar faces or low-risk, low ceiling veterans.

Nolasco in rotation? Ahead of Duffey, Berrios and May? Hopefully at least a happy medium version of Hughes shows up.

Abad the only real bullpen addition? For real?
Fien is back...that's going well.

Hopefully they don't dig too big a hole before turning to the younger power arms (also question marks, but a ton more potential upside).

Not sure the Sano expiriment will work. Wholly u necessary too, but YOLO I guess.

3rd or 4th, 81-81. Unfortunately I don't see how the front office made the team any better in the offseason. If anything, made SP and OF defense worse, and essentially did nothing to a bullpen that was already a liability.

Clearly banking on natural progression and full years from Sano, Buxton and Rosario carrying them, but it doesn't always shake out that way. Need to be aggressive again this year with call ups.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Forgot to mention the Park move.

Pretty intriguing, and a total wild card, but perplexing in that their "major" addition was to basically the most crowded position in the upper levels of the organization.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Offense should be ok, but another year, another round of head scratches from the FO that seem to attack major question marks with either familiar faces or low-risk, low ceiling veterans.

Nolasco in rotation? Ahead of Duffey, Berrios and May? Hopefully at least a happy medium version of Hughes shows up.

Abad the only real bullpen addition? For real?
Fien is back...that's going well.

Hopefully they don't dig too big a hole before turning to the younger power arms (also question marks, but a ton more potential upside).

Not sure the Sano expiriment will work. Wholly u necessary too, but YOLO I guess.

3rd or 4th, 81-81. Unfortunately I don't see how the front office made the team any better in the offseason. If anything, made SP and OF defense worse, and essentially did nothing to a bullpen that was already a liability.

Clearly banking on natural progression and full years from Sano, Buxton and Rosario carrying them, but it doesn't always shake out that way. Need to be aggressive again this year with call ups.

Buxton looks totally outmatched at the plate. Did last year and did today. Sano swings a good bat if he makes solid contact so im not worried about him. Kind of sad they finally buy some pitchers and they all turn out to be duds. Last trur ace they had was the Santana/Liriano years. Man they were so dominate.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Buxton looks totally outmatched at the plate. Did last year and did today. Sano swings a good bat if he makes solid contact so im not worried about him. Kind of sad they finally buy some pitchers and they all turn out to be duds. Last trur ace they had was the Santana/Liriano years. Man they were so dominate.

Yeah, Buxton's bat is not MLB ready. He missed so much developmental time to injuries, I hope trying to just let him grow into it while in the majors doesn't stunt him further.

I would rather they keep a short leash on him and send him down for a while if there are too many days like today. Don't make the same mistake they did with Hicks.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Starting pitching has been OK, but the Twins hitters are missing on a lot of pitches right over the plate. They'll hit, but I'm worried about Perkins long term.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Starting pitching has been OK, but the Twins hitters are missing on a lot of pitches right over the plate. They'll hit, but I'm worried about Perkins long term.

they have more K than hits and walks combined. they are on pace to have more K than any other team ever. Small sampled size but they need a W badly if only for their sanity.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Seems like most of the losses were within reach or lost late leads. That sucks.Gonna

be a long year. Of course last year I think they started out pretty poorly as well. If you're Molitor, just tell the guy you don't need to win 7 in a row, just win series.