Iowa Energy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How many of you have caught a game yet? I went this week when they had one heck of a deal for the Holiday week games: $44 for 4 tickets which included for each ticket a free program ($1) and about $6 worth of food in a pop, popcorn, and hotdog. $11 a person so you basically got a ticket for $4 and food and program for about $7. We sat about 2/3 of the way up in the section behind the Energy bench so was not too bad of a seat either.

Game has a mix feel of college and pro hoops. Lot of NBA 1 on 1 matchups sometimes or guys taking shots they shouldn't be taking but when the game is close you see more of the college fundamental ball play I think. I would rather see an ISU game though but if you are looking for something to do it's not a bad time at all. Sometimes you get lucky and see some players from schools you know like the other night had Quannas White and Kevin Bookout from Oklahoma although Bookout was not suited up and Kenny Taylor from Texas. One of my friends saw a game that Jason Klotz from Texas was playing for the other team.

I'm actually looking forward to the Barnstormers coming back. I know it's just AFL2 but its still some hard hitting football and probably more entertaining that the Stars or Energy.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My wife keeps wanting to go to a game, I can't figure out why.

jferg

Sep 13, 2007
I was at the game Saturday night. The team stood around a lot and had some silly turnovers that probably cost them the game.
I did think it was fun to watch though. These are still NBA caliber players even though most of them won't ever make it to the NBA.

How about Coach Nurse getting fired up and getting tossed??

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Seems like Nurse is always on the verge of being tossed. He is almost a bigger show then the game on the court. Sometimes I'm not really sure what he's trying to accomplish. I'm excited about the Barnstormers too, should be a fun option for a few nights during the spring...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was at the game Saturday night. The team stood around a lot and had some silly turnovers that probably cost them the game.
I did think it was fun to watch though. These are still NBA caliber players even though most of them won't ever make it to the NBA.

How about Coach Nurse getting fired up and getting tossed??

I want to know what he said, they did not hesitate to give him that 2nd T right after he got the 1st one! There were some crappy calls earlier he was worked up about I know.

Also, the Tolliver kid from Creighton is on the Energy roster. I heard afterwards that Horner was fighting the flu Saturday night too although he and Thomas still don't look that much better than they did at Iowa. What you see is what you get basically. There are some pretty talented players on the rosters though, just not quite good enough for the NBA though.