Ejim's T's Hurting Us

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
His T today didn't cause him to sit out. He stayed in the game.

What hurt us was our crap FTs & no production from our shooters.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Certainly some karma after the technical, He airballed his next one from the same exact spot. Love you Mel and you have earned the right to puff your chest, but probably best to just shut up and play. No matter what the national media thinks, we see how your play talks and that's more than enough for this fan.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The T going up to the refs was dumb and he hurt the team. Tonight...that was a bs call. Get ready to see 5-10 Ts every single game if that's a T.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Great competitor. No question.

There's simple steps/points made that could be instilled to avoid things like getting T'd up, from a coaching perspective:

1. Score the bucket.
2. Get back and play D, without a word.

Done.

Apparently it's OK to get T'd up, play D for a series, and then stare down the opposing crowd like that looks cool when your team has looked like crap all game.

Oh, and...
3. BLOCK OUT.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

There's simple steps/points made that could be instilled to avoid things like getting T'd up, from a coaching perspective:

1. Score the bucket.

Done.

Apparently it's OK to get T'd up, play D for a series, and then stare down the opposing crowd like that looks cool when your team has looked like crap all game.

Oh, and...
3. BLOCK OUT.

spit_take.gif

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA

1. Score the bucket.

Done.

Oh, and...
3. BLOCK OUT.

Are you really saying that Ejim needs to block out better, he is probably the only one on the team that does a good job of this consistently.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

1. Score the bucket.

Done.

Oh, and...
3. BLOCK OUT.

I blame Canada. It's impossible to overcome the rough yet futile upbringing that happens up there.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

1. Score the bucket.

Done.

Oh, and...
3. BLOCK OUT.
You are clueless if you don't think every player does at least that if not significantly worse things. The amount of people who don't understand that is amazing.

The T was weak and anyone who says otherwise is trolling or doesn't understand basketball at all.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
From a coaching perspective, get glasses.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Tonight's was just a screw job by the refs. How was be supposed to know he'd get in trouble for something that literally happens every game?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd wager if he hadn't mouthed off to the refs vs wv, he wouldn't have gotten the T vs ksu. The refs are looking for an excuse now. Shut up and play ball. Same goes for Kane and Hogue.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Ejim's Ts hurting us? Dude he scored 30 points and you are complaining about T?

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I love our team, sometimes too obsessively but we need more balanced scoring and better defense going forward. If this doesn't happen soon, I could see an early departure from the NCAA Tournament. Just sayin'

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Pretty sure most of Ejim's technicals have been bad calls. The Baylor game when he had a massive dunk and didn't want to go flying into the crowd so he swung back. Tonight when he trash talked someone. Not exactly technical worthy.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I love our team, sometimes too obsessively but we need more balanced scoring and better defense going forward. If this doesn't happen soon, I could see an early departure from the NCAA Tournament. Just sayin'

Just sayin Niang, Kane, and Ejim all average over 16 points per game. That is pretty balanced if you ask me.

also the ref's call that had me scratching my head was when Naz went in for a lay up. Got knocked to the ground.. Ksu guy landed an Naz and stumbled over him, traveled, and a foul was called on Naz..

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Technicals in last two games caused Ejim to sit on the bench for extended periods of time. Not something a fourth-year senior should be doing.

And, for those of you who don't think we will miss Kane next year, you couldn't be more wrong. I would be very happy with another experienced big guard transferring in next year.[/QUOTE

All he said was "yeah, gimme that." Can't blame him for getting a technical without saying anything out of line.

Yep, our current three guards (not Kane) do not appear to be any road graders. How many layups has Matt and Naz scored this year. Monte looks pretty good, but we will miss Kane. He may be tougher to replace than Ejim as we have McKay and Nader.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I'd wager if he hadn't mouthed off to the refs vs wv, he wouldn't have gotten the T vs ksu. The refs are looking for an excuse now. Shut up and play ball. Same goes for Kane and Hogue.

I agree, though Kane seems to have toned it down a bit. As much as he gets knocked down on his drives, he probably has a legitimate beef on many of the calls.

wasn't it another coach who commented on LE's 2000-2002 teams that they didn't complain but maintained focus and kept on playing?

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
And, for those of you who don't think we will miss Kane next year, you couldn't be more wrong. I would be very happy with another experienced big guard transferring in next year.[/QUOTE]

People may "miss" him, but probably just like we miss Babb, Royce, Lucious, Clyburn, McGee, etc... Our team will be just fine. Its Iowa State University, coached by Fred Hoiberg. Not Kane State University, Led by Kane.