Search results

1. Gibbon

Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

Exactly! the best offensive year under TJ we are a below average P5 offensive team.
  2. Gibbon

He's definitely not lost or overwhelmed out there. But as poor offensively TJ's teams have been the last few years, I worry Watson receiving significant minutes will lead to more offensive droughts we saw in the first two seasons with TJ. Watson just isn't a great offensive player.
  3. Gibbon

Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

I don't know... I think long term I would love making fun of that dork at KSU. I hope he stays.
  4. Gibbon

When has an under the radar transfer center from a smaller D1 university named after large city the school resides in ever worked for TJ
  5. Gibbon

Iowa State set for in-home visit with William Kyle III

His length and bounce is exactly what this defense needs.
  6. Gibbon

*** Official Kansas State vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Streisand effect: can't wait for all the zoomed in videos of Tang in his team's huddles tonight.
  7. Gibbon

Heading into March Madness

How dare Demarion had his face where the K State offensive player's elbow needed to go
  8. Gibbon

Curtis Jones is returning next year!

He gets starter minutes and has been closing out games for most of the conference season now. Since the TCU away game he's been a staple for us in the 2nd half. If he transfers out, it's not for more playing time.
  9. Gibbon

Robert Jones commits to ISU

TJ identified a big man who has good lateral movement on the perimeter (relative to being a 6'10" center) in order to be a dynamic defensive trapping team and signed him in the transfer portal. Great recruiting vision by this staff.
  10. Gibbon

BYU takes down Kansas!

BYU and Iowa State both undefeated in the Phog this season!
  11. Gibbon

*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

I mean.... you're kinda selling me on Houston. Sounds rad as hell.
  12. Gibbon

Fan Duel evidently has our O/U at 7.5 wins... Thoughts?

We overachieved last year. I think much like 2021, there's a good chance we regress to the mean, especially with the O-Line play we had all last year. I'd probably take the over, but don't think it's a surefire bet.
  13. Gibbon

****Official Class Of 2025 Recruiting Thread****

I'm worried that we have yet to see any fire with that much smoke.
  14. Gibbon

Any fans interested in Cyclone Bluesky?

I've went all in on Threads after leaving Twitter, are there any good Cyclone personalities to follow on that platform?
  15. Gibbon

Tampa comes in @ #40 in PFF's Top-75 Prospects

Like I've always said, PFF is never wrong.
  16. Gibbon

King Mclure alert

He's absolutely fine. He has a great knowledge of our conference.
  17. Gibbon

Transfer Portal Tracker

I liked what I saw out of Hansen. He was able to get reps/carries as a true freshman in a crowded RB room of similar talent.
  18. Gibbon

****Official Class Of 2024 Recruiting Thread****

He's not NBA ready today but he's a 6'8" sniper with a high release on a meaningful shot volume on a decent college team. He's absolutely draftable in today's NBA. I personally think he'll be here for a 2nd year to be option 1.b behind Lipsey, but wouldn't be shocked if he declared if he has NBA...
  19. Gibbon

Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

This is it. We will never be in a position to win a national title in football. A more realistic goal is winning the Big XII with the prize being getting to say we are a playoff team. With OU and Texas gone, there's a much more level playing field to allow us that opportunity.