Search results

1. Thomasrickj

Joshua Jefferson has committed to Iowa State

I get what you're saying. Dishon Jackson is a very good defender with speed and athleticism and Jefferson has the speed to be able to help keep the pesky speedy guards away. I'd say defensively we're not really losing anything. Offensively we seem to be 3-4 points per game better.
  2. Thomasrickj

This team is so deep! Guards and Milan don’t change and only get deeper with the addition of Heise. Jackson, Jefferson, Chatfield/Rock is certainly an upgrade over BRE, King, and Ward. This team is outrageously deep and good on paper. It’s tough to know who we are starting, but my best guess...
  3. Thomasrickj

I adopted a pup on Saturday and we just landed Jefferson. This past week has been good!
  4. Thomasrickj

Tamin Lipsey has minor shoulder procedure

It's his ability to defend and steal the ball. He's got the fastest hands west of the Mississippi. If he were alive in the 1800's he would've been unstoppable any time someone challenged him to a duel.
  5. Thomasrickj

Tamin Lipsey has minor shoulder procedure

Good. It seemed like his shoulder was in pain some games towards the end of the season. Hopefully he can rest up and be ready to be the floor general in the fall. This dude is highly capable of first team all conference.
  6. Thomasrickj

Jack Gohlke - Random

Is he even transferring? I’m guessing he just missed overlapping with Milan.
  7. Thomasrickj

Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

BEFORE his injury. Before being the key word. He was not ranked as high as Tyrese was when the final class rankings came out.
  8. Thomasrickj

When did I ever say I was ticked about Hunter leaving? I never did say that.
  9. Thomasrickj

That’s completely uncalled for. He just didn’t improve after freshman year if you look at his numbers. Not sure why you’re defending a guy that gave up on ISU and hasn’t gotten any better in the two years since leaving ISU. Usually a lack of improvement has something to do with character...
  10. Thomasrickj

***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Adam Dunn is another good comp.
  11. Thomasrickj

I think Lipsey’s passing ability as a freshman makes up the difference between Hunter scoring more points per game than Lipsey. Hunter is an average, at best, passing guard. I think Hunter’s lack of improvement also says something about his character. Even if a staff is subpar with teaching...
  12. Thomasrickj

It's amazing that he can get a massive payday and then a freshman comes in for us that was a much lower rated recruit, and just ends up being a better overall player than Hunter. Frankly, I'm glad Hunter is gone because Lipsey is the clearly the better player.
  13. Thomasrickj

The key part is the attitude. I think he's cocky and didn't put in the effort to really improve because of his attitude. Him basically getting recruited over is hopefully a humbling experience for him and maybe he will realize that he's got lots of work to do. I had a weird dream last night...
  14. Thomasrickj

***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

He was Kyle Schwarber.
  15. Thomasrickj

J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

It makes sense. He was not really looking at starter minutes since we are stacked at 1-4. He doesn’t want to win and just wants to chase that money.
  16. Thomasrickj

Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

In the last 7-8 games he was our best player. The way he progressed towards the end of the season was remarkable.
  17. Thomasrickj

J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

That dude played alongside Wes Johnson, DG, and Craig Brackins. All three of those dudes played in the NBA and McDermott couldn’t even go .500 with that roster…
  18. Thomasrickj

Kirk Cousins would hate you as he's made a killing fooling the system into making him one of the wealthiest players ever in terms of career earnings.
  19. Thomasrickj

2024-25 Big 12 Rosters

Houston's roster next season has to have an average age of 24.