College Degrees - who has the weirdest one?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Finance not working in a field related to finance (Dang 2008 recession that lasted even after I graduated!)
Almost got a minor in hospitality mangement. Ideally, I wanted to be an analyst for the hospitality industry.
Got a general MBA. no specialization.

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
BS in Aerospace Engineering, MS in Engineering with Product Development focus. I now work on things that have no concern about aerodynamics or flight.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I have an Associates degree from DMACC, does that count?

In progress of BS in MIS through ISU, too.

Some interesting degrees my friends are looking into are Technical Communication, another one was previously Industrial Technology and recently switched over to Design, one of my friends has a degree in Geology, another one is pursuing both History and Political Science I believe, one is getting a minor in German to go with his MIS and SCM degrees...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
B.S. Home economics journalism. Degree that's long gone, from a college that changed its name, then merged with another, then changed its name again. I'm dated, I know.
M.S. Agricultural education. I do not teach.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Since we are already connected via ISU degrees, would our degrees of separation be less than six, say four?

Degrees, man, degrees.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
B.S. in Psychology. I've worked in sales, computer networking, civil engineering and survey, and now engineering services for a manufacturer.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Degrees aren't weird, but they're very opposite. Bachelors in Sociology; once I realized how worthless that was, got a Bachelors in Business Administration

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
BS in Aerospace Engr, MBA from the bad guys (employer paid).

I use the former to solve problems, and the latter to create them.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Maybe not weird, but one of the more rare (maybe not around this forum though. Seems to be a lot of weather folk). BS in Meteorology

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Journalism, Electronic Media Studies emphasis, minors in English and History, not weird. My college sweetheart majored in Environmental Sociology. At least she shaved her pits and legs.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Do you find lots of commonality between math and music? I do but curious if they commonly go hand-in-hand.

I personally don't see too many commonality. there are some post-tonal music that is very numbers-oriented, which involves making a matrix and other structural things that involved more mathematical approach. I guess you could say rhythm is connected to math, but that's pretty elementary

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
I have a BS in Forestry with an emphasis in Wood Science and Forest Products Technology. Your entire life is tied to new construction in the housing market which are extremely cyclical. After losing my job for the 3rd time due to closures, buyouts and downsizing I gave up on the industry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron