Three positives to the non-con game at Barclays Center

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
With this game being in Diallo's backyard, I'm hopeful that he can find a way to go to it. That would make two visits (assuming he makes one in August, as has been reported), and an away game in his backyard.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like Frank Martin, but that day he won't be very happy.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
I personally feel college basketball players need a week break sometime December 20th-Jan 5th. Those are real dog days for these guys finals have ended the campus is empty and they are still doing their unpaid job practicing, playing, traveling, and sitting around in their empty student accommodation while the other kids are at home.

So a trip to NYC is a good reward for the kids on the team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
"and the second of a Barclays Center double-header on Jan. 3."

Who is playing the second game? I haven't heard any announcement and didn't find it on the Barclays Center website. It only has this on their event schedule . . .

BKH_Presents_IowaStateSouthCarolina_532x290.jpg

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
"and the second of a Barclays Center double-header on Jan. 3."

Who is playing the second game? I haven't heard any announcement and didn't find it on the Barclays Center website. It only has this on their event schedule . . .

BKH_Presents_IowaStateSouthCarolina_532x290.jpg

Curious about this also as I have tickets.

Also, Brooklyn is not in New Jersey.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Regarding the double-header, I don't think the other two teams have officially signed on yet. I think TV has a lot to do with that aspect of the game.

Too bad they couldn't make it a 4 team tourney. That way you could get two games in the Barclays and 2 games against BCS caliber teams

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Regarding the double-header, I don't think the other two teams have officially signed on yet. I think TV has a lot to do with that aspect of the game.

Isn't it getting rather late to be finalizing games between higher profile D1 teams?

Or maybe there is still hope for another marquee non-conf game at Hilton? :idea:

Trojbrown

Mar 23, 2012
West Des Moines, IA
You forgot a postive to the game at Barclays Center. The HOGUE FACTOR!!! If Dustin can hit his barber and invite his family to this game, we get to see Hogue dominate again in NY!!