Manziel is slow learner

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't understand what the hell is wrong with him taking that picture? I can't imagine any team would pass on drafting him because he took a picture with Dez Bryant. If that is the criteria they are using to set up their draft board, they are pretty freaking stupid.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
meh, I'm not really a big fan of Manziel, but this is not a big deal. Bryant is a stud of a receiver that plays for a team in Johnny's home state. Why wouldn't you get your picture taken with him? Plus, there are rumors that if he falls far enough, that Dallas might be interested as a Romo replacement.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I can't stand the draft being expanded and pushed back two weeks.

I'm down for some ball but this coverage is enough to make a Kardashian blush. I lived in Dallas when TO was there and the coverage almost ruined ball for me.

The games are enough reality TV for me. This other stuff is really pushing me to rethink the NFL

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I don't understand what the hell is wrong with him taking that picture? I can't imagine any team would pass on drafting him because he took a picture with Dez Bryant. If that is the criteria they are using to set up their draft board, they are pretty freaking stupid.

Agreed, How is taking a pic with Bryant a big concern? Its not like they were smoking, drinking in it or anything.

Kids fail the drug test at the combine, but Manziel gets shat on for taking a picture with a top 5 NFL WR.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This pic wouldn't concern me as an NFL GM.

Manziel's playing ability though, definitely would. I wouldn't touch him with a 20 ft pole if I were an NFL GM.

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's competitiveness, I just don't see him as being a successful NFL QB. I just don't.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
meh, I'm not really a big fan of Manziel, but this is not a big deal. Bryant is a stud of a receiver that plays for a team in Johnny's home state. Why wouldn't you get your picture taken with him? Plus, there are rumors that if he falls far enough, that Dallas might be interested as a Romo replacement.

Dont' talk about him going to the Cowboys. I am not necessary a Manziel fan either, but if he dropped to the 'Boys. Man a chip on his shoulder to motivate him. I like that, I really like that. That said now that I have dreamed about it it won't happen, or if it does he will get caught with coke or something and be out of the league in 2 years.

I don't blame Manziel, the kid got to live a life that most of us only dream of. We all make stupid mistakes at that age. He seems to always show up and play well, and that is ultimately what matters.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This pic wouldn't concern me as an NFL GM.

Manziel's playing ability though, definitely would. I wouldn't touch him with a 20 ft pole if I were an NFL GM.

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's competitiveness, I just don't see him as being a successful NFL QB. I just don't.

You nailed it. So many of his snaps devolved into playground junk plays, where he ran around in the backfield, narrowly avoiding pressure, only to toss up a prayer that 6'5 Mike Evans would come down with. Don't get me wrong, that makes for exciting football, but you can't expect that kind of thing to continue to be successful in the NFL. I think he'll have some highlights, but I also think he's going to toss a lot of INTs in the pros.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Browns are gonna take him and it's gonna be glorious. I've fully bought into him now. At first I was hesitant.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I think the only person who would cause a stir about this picture of of Manziel is Donald Sterling.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Browns are gonna take him and it's gonna be glorious. I've fully bought into him now. At first I was hesitant.

The Browns are the Browns are the Browns. They'd find a way to turn Peyton Manning into a 4-12 quarterback.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'm sure posting pictures of yourself hanging with someone who is constantly in trouble will boost your draft stock. Kid is an idiot.

I'm 1000% sure that picture will have 0.000000% affect on his draft stock.

why reinforce a negative reputation at this point.

A future NFL draft pick getting his picture taken with a current NFL receiver for the Dallas Cowboys reinforces a negative reputation? Do go on...

(Just kidding, please don't) Your Manziel hate is showing hardcore today. I am not a Manziel fan, fairly indifferent if anything. But your comments are just...blind hate. If you really find something that wrong with that picture, you sir are:

Fishing troll.png

Last edited:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Browns are the Browns are the Browns. They'd find a way to turn Peyton Manning into a 4-12 quarterback.

I'm on the Cleveland Hype Train for sure this year. Normally I am more reserved but we have one of the easier schedules, an elite receiver, top 5 defense, and if our O-Line stays healthy it can protect a quarterback. We saw flashes of this last season when we won 3 in a row at the beginning of the year.

Browns are making the Playoffs. Book it danno

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'm on the Cleveland Hype Train for sure this year. Normally I am more reserved but we have one of the easier schedules, an elite receiver, top 5 defense, and if our O-Line stays healthy it can protect a quarterback. We saw flashes of this last season when we won 3 in a row at the beginning of the year.

Browns are making the Playoffs. Book it danno

They've got some work to do after a slow start. According to your signature they are already 0-2. :jimlad:

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Is that the first time that someone ever said something from Cleveland was "glorious?"

I guess it could count that people say "What a glorious day I am leaving Cleveland."

Help Support Us

Become a patron