Dowling Catholic's Ryan Boyle commits to the Hawks

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
They can have him, may cost them the 4* qb already committed. Honestly love Iowa kids but not a single one is a game changer this year. May be the worst in state talent in a decade.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
They can have him, may cost them the 4* qb already committed. Honestly love Iowa kids but not a single one is a game changer this year. May be the worst in state talent in a decade.

This class is full of talent on the OL. I bet you would have told me a few years ago that Scherff wouldn't amount to much either.....just a 3* Iowa kid that isn't a game changer.....

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
This class is full of talent on the OL. I bet you would have told me a few years ago that Scherff wouldn't amount to much either.....just a 3* Iowa kid that isn't a game changer.....
Well then they must all be "diamonds in the rough" guys because they have few big offers.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I mean the #1 guy in the state according to Rivals has as many D1 offers as myself.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Nice attempt at cherry picking. No one cares about the **** haul Iowa is pulling in state this year.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
Nice attempt at cherry picking. No one cares about the **** haul Iowa is pulling in state this year.

All sounds good, but Iowa has locked the best players in Iowa. We have locked up nobody. In the end, we might end up with better players. Or it could end up like this year where we're adding kids with limited or no offers from out of state.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
All sounds good, but Iowa has locked the best players in Iowa. We have locked up nobody. In the end, we might end up with better players. Or it could end up like this year where we're adding kids with limited or no offers from out of state.

Good. Last I checked 6 kids from the state of Iowa have left the program in less than a year, I'm more than happy with kids from elsewhere.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honestly, if ISU had offered, I'd be disappointed in losing him. BUT, ISU is graduating zero QBs after this season and will have 5 on scholarship barring transfers or position changes. My opinion is if they do sign a QB, it's going to be a kid that Mangino is completely comfortable with to be the future of the offense. Someone like Burrow. They obviously were not sold on Boyle at QB or they would have offered.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Well then they must all be "diamonds in the rough" guys because they have few big offers.

LOL, keep telling yourself that. Here are just a few of these Iowa kids under KF that have "few big offers" who go on to make an NFL roster: Robert Gallery, Dallas Clark, Pat Angerer, Mitch King, Matt Kroul, Brandon Myers, Allen Reisner, Tyler Sash, Julian Vandervelde, Marshall Yanda.

How about other Iowa kids who have "few big offers" that become multi year starters: Brandon Schreff, James Morris, Dominic Alvis, Conner Boffeli, Brett Van Sloten, plus more I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment.

With that track record, Iowa isn't getting "lucky" and finding "diamonds in the rough". The Iowa coaching staff does a remarkably good job of evaluating and then developing talent in it's own back yard. Keep telling yourself that ISU isn't missing out on anything when these Iowa kids go to Iowa.....

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
LOL, keep telling yourself that. Here are just a few of these Iowa kids under KF that have "few big offers" who go on to make an NFL roster: Robert Gallery, Dallas Clark, Pat Angerer, Mitch King, Matt Kroul, Brandon Myers, Allen Reisner, Tyler Sash, Julian Vandervelde, Marshall Yanda.

How about other Iowa kids who have "few big offers" that become multi year starters: Brandon Schreff, James Morris, Dominic Alvis, Conner Boffeli, Brett Van Sloten, plus more I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment.

With that track record, Iowa isn't getting "lucky" and finding "diamonds in the rough". The Iowa coaching staff does a remarkably good job of evaluating and then developing talent in it's own back yard. Keep telling yourself that ISU isn't missing out on anything when these Iowa kids go to Iowa.....

Iowa has also had a ****-load of Iowa kids that flamed out or had average to below average careers. Player development will also be importation for ISU/UI regardless of where the kids are coming from.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron