2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
1 - Fantastic that we were able to get a backup post at all. Probably a hard sell to anyone. Seems she will be a decent fit in a Nelly-esque, but younger so maybe can learn a bit this year.

2 - Glad everyone freaked out that the sky was falling. Seems we landed on our feet just fine.
Usually it's the people with an agenda are the ones that freak out.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
The challenge of this recruiting success is PT! Hopefully coaches are ready to change philosophy and capitalize.
Emily, Addy and Audi get 75 min a game, that leaves 125 for 9 players who all expect to play. Just under 14 on average. Practice is going to be intense! Who is going to absorb the defense fastest?

Reactions: ChiClone22

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Very deep roster now and going to be some good battles for minutes. That's a good problem to have and winning games usually eases some of the perceived drama from fans about there are not enough minutes to go around. Would you rather play a big role on a bad team at a smaller school or a smaller role on a good team that will likely be a preseason top 10 team and be in the conversation for the conference title favorite? These are all players that played some pretty good minutes last season for the most part and I'm sure they know it's not a given they'll have a bigger role here than they previously did.

Taulelei started 22 games and averaged 24 mpg for a 5 win UMass team as a freshman. She isn't going to come close to that at ISU but the chance to play in a bigger conference for a team that had the talent to be hosting the first rounds of the NCAA tournament. The staff had done a great job reloading the roster so the Fennelly haters don't have that excuse to use this time as if it was a toxic environment here we wouldn't be landing the transfers we are.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm guessing not. We don't really have any gaps to fill. Because a roster of 12 is a little low, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring on a walk-on.
Really no reason not to look for a practice type player at the post. With injuries it pays to have someone that can just give you 5 fouls and so.e rebounds.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Very deep roster now and going to be some good battles for minutes. That's a good problem to have and winning games usually eases some of the perceived drama from fans about there are not enough minutes to go around. Would you rather play a big role on a bad team at a smaller school or a smaller role on a good team that will likely be a preseason top 10 team and be in the conversation for the conference title favorite? These are all players that played some pretty good minutes last season for the most part and I'm sure they know it's not a given they'll have a bigger role here than they previously did.
I hope everyone can contribute and the coaching staff utilizes the roster to keep everyone fresh and minimize injury risks. Nick Saban used to tell his running backs that it benefited them not having to play heavy minutes because (1) they avoid injury and (2) they will be fresher every time they step on the field and (3) their bodies aren't going to have lots of wear and tear when they go to the NFL.

Reactions: CYdTracked

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
As a long time follower of the team this is the most excited I have been for the upcoming season. We have a roster that most coaches would love to have. We have the ability to play any of our 12 players with very little down side and not have to worry if a player is having an OFF night. Go Cyclones!!

had to fix my spelling error!!

Last edited:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
With the roster make-up, will be interesting if we don't play majority zone next season. It might protect Audi from foul trouble and we have pretty good length at the 2/3/4 spots with:

Brown -6'2"
Williams-6'2"
Hansford-6'2"
Harris-6'1"
Taulelei-6'3"

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Walk-on would make sense.

Also curious if there isn't a D2 player like Hannah Belanger "lite" who might be interested in competing at the P4 level and experience playing major college hoops.
WIll be extremely difficult without scholarship.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
After transfer season, lots of fanbases are optimistic about next season. Our high expectations are warranted and near universal

Lot's of "Ha, ha, they are adding six new players and won't be able to jell" versus "We have added six players and will be great!" ;)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
As a long time follower of the team this is the most excited I have been for the upcoming season. We have a rooster that most coaches would love to have. We have the ability to play any of our 12 players with very little down side and not have to worry if a player is having an OFF night. Go Cyclones!!
On the rooster! Lol had to make light of your typo. :)

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Looking at the scholarship spreadsheet, in the Bill Fennelly era, Emily Ryan will be the 5th player to be on the team for 5 straight seasons.

Name the other four:

Bonus stats: we have had 109 Freshman, 93 Sophomores, 89 Juniors, 84 Seniors and 4 Super Seniors. Only two of the Super Seniors were here all 5 years (which obviously means the others had a Redshirt year).

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Looking at the scholarship spreadsheet, in the Bill Fennelly era, Emily Ryan will be the 5th player to be on the team for 5 straight seasons.

Name the other four:

Bonus stats: we have had 109 Freshman, 93 Sophomores, 89 Juniors, 84 Seniors and 4 Super Seniors. Only two of the Super Seniors were here all 5 years (which obviously means the others had a Redshirt year).
Without looking at the spreadsheet, I got three of the four, missing one of the two most recent ones (forgot she was a five-year player).

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Without looking at the spreadsheet, I got three of the four, missing one of the two most recent ones (forgot she was a five-year player).
Yeah, I know who you reference and I never would have had her as 5 years without the spreadsheet. Also, goes to show how rare redshirts are in WBB (except in transfers which prevents 5 years at the same school).