***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The issue with Brown is he will probably be one of the most sought after grad transfer this summer. I think ISU could offer him good playing time and he could get buckets, but he may want to go to a program that has a higher chance of going deep in the tourney. This isn't a big slight to ISU but depending on how things turn out we may be 6-10 seed in the dance next year so I could see him trying to go after bigger fish.

I don't know what he holds as his top priorities. The dance might not matter that much to him and he just wants PT. This isn't 5 years ago when ISU was the top dog on the transfer market. Everyone else jumped on board once they saw Fred turn around ISU using it. Sadly the blue bloods and top national basketball programs now use it so it can be hard to battle out for the top transfers.

If you get Brown and you get someone to help at the 3-4 spot, whether that be Lewis being good, Juiston coming or one of Lard/Young being flexible, we are a tourney team. If you bring in Brown and Juiston, we're close to last year. Much different, but close in terms of where we can go and we still have two spots to go find a shooter.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
By my count Prohm suspended Carter for 3 games. McKay for 2 and Bowie and Cooke for 1 each.

Doing some research Fred suspended more players than I remember. Thomas. Nader. BDJ. Godfrey. Babb. Palo. Lamb

My mistake.

Ok, but all of Hoiberg's had to be done outside of Godfrey. Those were all public issues where there wasn't much of a way out. Prohm suspends guys for not doing the right things. It's not even comparable.

• Agree
Reactions: EnkAMania and Messi

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

6-4 200lb guard.

Avg 6.2 ppg 1.6 rpg and 2.2 apg in 20 minutes per game last year. ISU can/should do better but what the hell is going on at Virginia?

That's a bigger guard, former top 150 player who originally committed to Tennessee and is from there so there might be some connections

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Kane also was 25 wasn't he? He had gone to prep school and redshirted, before ever playing at Marshall so he was essentially a junior the first time he stepped on the floor. He was much more mature, physically and mentally than most transfers you're going to get.

Kane was the baddest dude to come through this place in a long time. We shouldn't measure people compared to him for the reasons you mentioned. He's a rarity.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
If you get Brown and you get someone to help at the 3-4 spot, whether that be Lewis being good, Juiston coming or one of Lard/Young being flexible, we are a tourney team. If you bring in Brown and Juiston, we're close to last year. Much different, but close in terms of where we can go and we still have two spots to go find a shooter.

I really want Brown but I don't know if I'm as high on him yet as others here. He shot a horrid percentage last year. There are a lot of players that could average his point total if they just shot as much as he did. His percentages were better his sophomore year though so hopefully he just needs better guidance (Prohm). One thing I love about him is he shot a ton of free throws and at a great clip.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

press_brake_pedal_324.jpg

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

6-4 200lb guard.

Avg 6.2 ppg 1.6 rpg and 2.2 apg in 20 minutes per game last year. ISU can/should do better but what the hell is going on at Virginia?

I think getting Thompson would be a successful grad transfer season. He's been a solid player on a good team, would be a good fit, and could give us 20-30 good minutes a game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I really want Brown but I don't know if I'm as high on him yet as others here. He shot a horrid percentage last year. There are a lot of players that could average his point total if they just shot as much as he did. His percentages were better his sophomore year though so hopefully he just needs better guidance (Prohm). One thing I love about him is he shot a ton of free throws and at a great clip.
Horrid? He was high volume forced to carry the load so naturally his % would drop. With a better team and coach it'll go up.

• Disagree
Reactions: rholtgraves

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
.379 is horrid no matter how you qualify it. Like I said, there are a lot of players that if "forced to carry the load" could score that much at that percentage.

I said that.
His TS% is not far off from MM and Burton's and his effective % is not far off from Burton's. It's not horrid for a high usage guy on a bad team.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
His TS% is not far off from MM and Burton's and his effective % is not far off from Burton's. It's not horrid for a high usage guy on a bad team.

That includes free throws and I already said his free throw shooting and amount he gets to the line is great. That's why I mentioned them both separately.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

You will find most other high usage guys on bad teams don't have a shooting percentage that low. He clearly has a problem with shot selection and decision making. Whether a different coach could turn that around are unknown at this point. It wasn't like he was playing for the worst team in the league. They were middle of the pack in the conference.

alenz95

Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
Would love to make a run for Jeeter. Granting that next year is likely going to be focused on a rebuild, moving forward I would love to stockpile as much talent as possible. Despite the lack of playing time at Duke the kid obviously still has tremendous talent, and an incredibly high ceiling. Taking a red shirt year to sit out and focus on his game in a place more of the radar, like Ames, could do wonders.

If we would land him just think about the ceiling of the team in two years with. Wigging, Long, Babb, Jeeter, Lewis, and and experienced Young.