Who's On Pollard's Short List?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Matt Entz
Not bumping to dunk on you are anything, but recently with his jump to USC to be positional coach, I went over to look at how NDSU fans felt with him leaving. Especially for a job i don't really consider a step up.

Turns out there fanbase was relieved. It seems that they felt like he was coasting off previous coach success and their fanbase felt NDSU was trending in the wrong direction. Some of it they try with NIL issues, but some think he couldn't recruit as well as previous NDSU coaches either.

Again, everything is hindsight, but it is interesting how perception of him can change and/or be evaluated differently.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

tavrncy

Mar 29, 2023
Not bumping to dunk on you are anything, but recently with his jump to USC to be positional coach, I went over to look at how NDSU fans felt with him leaving. Especially for a job i don't really consider a step up.

Turns out there fanbase was relieved. It seems that they felt like he was coasting off previous coach success and their fanbase felt NDSU was trending in the wrong direction. Some of it they try with NIL issues, but some think he couldn't recruit as well as previous NDSU coaches either.

Again, everything is hindsight, but it is interesting how perception of him can change and/or be evaluated differently.

I think this year soured a lot of people on him. Another year where they seemed to fall even further behind SDSU and they lost to the other two Dakota schools in the regular season. They have high standards there, understandably, he inherited one of the greatest dynasties in football history

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Never listen to the idiots calling for Campbell to be fired. Never forget who these clowns are.
I was at the dentist yesterday, and he's a casual Nebraska fan. Grew up in the state but didn't attend the university. We chatted a bit about our mutual disdain for Hawk fans, then he asked me "Wasn't the Iowa State coach on the hot seat for a bit?" A casual college football fan, 60 miles north of Seattle. That stupid ******** travels, man. I was able to correct him without biting.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I was at the dentist yesterday, and he's a casual Nebraska fan. Grew up in the state but didn't attend the university. We chatted a bit about our mutual disdain for Hawk fans, then he asked me "Wasn't the Iowa State coach on the hot seat for a bit?" A casual college football fan, 60 miles north of Seattle. That stupid ******** travels, man. I was able to correct him without biting.
Did he mention rot? (in the football program, not dental decay)

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
We found the Hot Seat guy.
The one from Ohio/X(Twitter)? I know where that Hot Seat Guy sat for at least one home game - my buddy (huge Hawk fan, but also huge college football fan, and probably the most active X user I know personally) pointed him out at the game he went to when I had an extra ticket

Reactions: Rogue52

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

NDSU fans must expect championships every single year I suppose. He went 60-10 with two championships, made the game three times. 2020 was his only “down” season at 7-3. Their fan base must be full of LakesBison type fans.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
NDSU fans must expect championships every single year I suppose. He went 60-10 with two championships, made the game three times. 2020 was his only “down” season at 7-3. Their fan base must be full of LakesBison type fans.
Lakes is pretty mild compared to a lot of them. Just absolutely vile language and human beings when they roll in...