Who is going Camping!!!!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I am driving down from Newton. I have room for 1, maybe 2 people (I should know tomorrow night). Trying to get a total of 4 so we can just drive straight through. Leaving 12/26 and heading back evening of 12/29, I wanted Friday and Sunday to site see (Daytona and Kennedy Space Center).

This isn't just aimed at Gunner, if anyone is interested just PM me
I'm sorry about that.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2020cy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I agree if that is your reasoning, but the gulf side just seems to have bluer water and has less junk floating in it from my limited visits.
Not sure what Dean is taking about, most surfers down there claim the West side is better. Also you are right, Atlantic side is dirtier. As far as real ocean feel, you can't see the other side from either coast.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Have fun for those of you doing a Cannonball run from Iowa to Florida...

upload_2019-12-9_12-17-38.png

You all might want to try looking into flying in JAX or TPA instead of MCO and renting a car once you are down there. Might cheaper than trying to do the DSM to MCO routing around the bowl game, which I imagine will be expensive.

Reactions: aauummm

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Question... Where is everybody buying tickets? Link me?

I looked on the ISU site, but it seemed to be for Cyclone Club only (at least earlier).

Same question. Traveling solo so far and since the tax law changes my contribution to the athletic department doesn't translate into Cyclone Club membership like it used to. Didn't care at the time but leaves me sort of perkless on the ticket buys plus only looking for one at this time. Got some friends that might show but they are procrastinating so thinking they ain't a coming. Could have CC friends who aren't going order me a single.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

View attachment 69084

You all might want to try looking into flying in JAX or TPA instead of MCO and renting a car once you are down there. Might cheaper than trying to do the DSM to MCO routing around the bowl game, which I imagine will be expensive.

I got Omaha direct flight 27th and direct flight back 1st for $730 with carry on and insurance. First bowl game and first flight I've booked myself.

Any feedback on how I did/what I should look for next?

Reactions: ISUalways

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

View attachment 69084

I'm looking forward to the drive. Remember I recently drove from LA to DM by myself.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm looking forward to the drive. Remember I recently drove from LA to DM by myself.

The most I have ever done solo is this...

upload_2019-12-9_13-21-6.png

-- Boone to Boston (after finishing school and landing my first job, stopped in West Lafayette and stayed with a friend going to graduate school at Purdue)
-- almost 24 hours, so slightly longer than the Iowa-to-Orlando trip coming for some
-- looks like LA to Newton is 25 hours, so it was in that same realm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The most I have ever done solo is this...

View attachment 69088

-- Boone to Boston (after finishing school and landing my first job, stopped in West Lafayette and stayed with a friend going to graduate school at Purdue)
-- almost 24 hours, so slightly longer than the Iowa-to-Orlando trip coming for some
-- looks like LA to Newton is 25 hours, so it was in that same realm

Also, done Newton to Phx a few times when my stepdaughter was in college at ASU

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Really glad the fans are buying up tickets. I would like to go, but I'm committed to an in-law Christmas, well, my wife is, but most of the time that is the same thing. Looked at flights out of CR yesterday and they were pretty high.

Might be looking for a game watch in the Minneapolis area

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I said in the bowl predictions thread that I couldn't go but trying to figure out something. Last year I went with Cyclone Liquors and went down day before the game and left the day after the game. They are doing another one this year. So far can't find anyone to go with. Want this more anything.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This one wasn't bad at all though. It might not be great humor but they're just having fun

I really hope they think we'll be an easy matchup and don't check out how ISU did against ranked opponents in bowls the past two years. (including a true road game)

• Agree

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I agree if that is your reasoning, but the gulf side just seems to have bluer water and has less junk floating in it from my limited visits.

Really it is just a matter of the weather at that time. My FIRST trip to FL back in the 80's I was turned off by the gray water there (Venice). Then another time was in Ft Myers and it was beautiful.

We have the same here. Rough cloudy days and it's gray. Sunny days and it's beautiful.

• Creative
Reactions: Drumlum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron