What is your Pet Peeve

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What are you trying to say>?

. I mean you spend more at Starbucks you will get a free coffee at some point.
Jersey Mikes has a program of earning points, for each dollar you spend eventually you get a free sandwich.

I have flown over a million miles on Delta, They give me benefits of being a loyal customer,. Which means things like priority boarding, upgrades to first class if available.
They like the fact I fly with them all the time.

So to recap, I earn a free coffee, I earn a free sandwich, and I earn the opportunity to board first because I patronize these companies a lot

This makes me slime?

I'm saying if people have the money to get/pay for something like seats up front of an airplane, good for them, but if they think they automatically deserve special treatment above others that have to scrap for just one flight because they're under the impression that they are above them from a societal point of view, they are slime.

So if that describes you, then yes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
People driving with dogs sitting on the driver's lap.

Or put them in the back window area.

Airbag goes off or if the driver has to brake suddenly, that's a good way to kill their own dog.

I see people occasionally riding in the front seat with a baby on their lap. Incredible stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Every.Single.Time. This boggles my mind. I understand if people have a connecting flight to catch, but I feel those instances don't amount to the level it is done. People stand up, then have to wait 10 minutes. Not to mention what you said, being cut off, which is pretty rude.

I would imagine some of the people who stand up as soon as the plane lands are doing so just because they are in some degree of pain or discomfort for sitting so long. (This includes me & my lousy spine.)

I don't feel the need to rush out, and almost always let others go ahead of me; I just like standing. This is part of why I always pick an aisle seat if possible.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I'm saying if people have the money to get/pay for something like seats up front of an airplane, good for them, but if they think they automatically deserve special treatment above others that have to scrap for just one flight because they're under the impression that they are above them from a societal point of view, they are slime.

What about people who have such a low self-image that they believe everyone who has earned any sort of perks from being a frequent customer of a place/company is slime because of the benefits those loyal customers have earned? What do you call those people?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would imagine some of the people who stand up as soon as the plane lands are doing so just because they are in some degree of pain or discomfort for sitting so long. (This includes me & my lousy spine.)

I don't feel the need to rush out, and almost always let others go ahead of me; I just like standing. This is part of why I always pick an aisle seat if possible.

I have a mix. I have anxiety when waiting to deboard a plane. Not sure why. I just need to get the hell off it. Also, bad back so standing does feel good.

Reactions: khardbored

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
s1200_I_now_understand_why_nigel_powers_hates_the_dutch_37aa8807316c2773094b54b829ed4037.jpg

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
But, by parking yourself in the Left lane, you are claiming your speed is more right than anyone trying to pass you.
I know reading is hard, but I’ve said in multiple posts that I don’t park myself in the left lane.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I haven't had time to add anything to the topic so far, but I did a quick skim of the thread and it's a fun read.

Definitely can relate to the grocery store pet peeve discussion. I could write a book about that. And if I hadn't had so many people hinder my shopping efficiency over the years, I would've had enough extra time to work on the damn thing :)

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Regarding 4-way stop: I admit I'm overly hesitant in some situations when there's at least one "tie." I understand the procedure, but I'm not always confident the other drivers are equally aware. If there's any doubt, I defer and choose which goal I want to defend.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Every.Single.Time. This boggles my mind. I understand if people have a connecting flight to catch, but I feel those instances don't amount to the level it is done. People stand up, then have to wait 10 minutes. Not to mention what you said, being cut off, which is pretty rude.

Part of the allure is NOT having to mingle with the unwashed masses for any longer than needed. I've never been a fan of standing in lines any longer than necessary.

Also if you're one of the first on, you can look at each and every person walking down the aisle and fantasize about that super hot person that MIGHT be your seat mate.

AND you can stake claim to the armrest.

And after re-reading your post I say YEAH!!!!!!! I will always try to block the douchenozzle in row 25 from cutting in front. I'm a man and everything is a test of manhood.

• Funny
Reactions: Cycsk and 4theCYcle

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Re: standing on airplanes. Sometimes I’ll stand up, but that’s usually because I want to stand and stretch after the flight. If you still wait your turn I don’t see it as big of a deal

Right, and I notice who's doing that pretty quickly. But there are the people that stand up, grab their bag and inch towards the front, which happens often.

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis

How is buying something and expecting to receive what you bought getting special treatment?