Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Knownothing, May 1, 2019.
How is buying something and expecting to receive what you bought getting special treatment?
While in flight take some fishing line and tie it between the seats. Then wait for the dude to go flying.
This one about makes me go insane, you can creep up just far enough but the curb stops you and they aren't even aware enough to see you in the side mirrors and then pull ahead another 3 feet.
It's less about absolute speed and more about the use of the left lane to pass. While some states have some absolute speed limits for the left lane (i.e. can't go any less than 5 mph below the speed limit) most states have some sort of keep right laws that focus on reserving the left lane for passing or turning/exiting only. These laws didn't come out of thin air, they came about because reserving the left lane for passing has been common practice for a long time because it makes total sense.
Excessive speeding and wreckless driving is dangerous and douchey. Camping in the left lane and going slow and not passing anyone just because you can or because you feel the need to try to prevent excessive speeding is also douchey and dangerous.
Wet socks. Just ruins my day!! People that park in Handicap Parking spots and then walk into a store. Today I saw one of those electric carts from Walmart parked in an actual parking stall about 20 spots away. WTF is wrong with people!!
These rate up there to:
Two things here:
1. If I have a roller bag, I want on early so I get my bag on the plane, instead of gate checked. I get free bags, so usually this is a time issue of not wanting to hang around at bag claim or at the gate.
2. If I only have my small laptop bag, and have checked my bag(s), I wait until the end to board, even if sitting in first.
the irony is, you have to go through so much to really earn good perks, like 1st upgrades, that I feel sorry for the people that have earned them and live their life in airports. I fly out of O'Hare, so premiere status means I may not have to gate check a bag. I get cracked up when I'm like #75 on the upgrade list sometimes. LOL....
Is it ok to post pet peeves about spouses yet? 13 pages seems like a safe waiting period.
My wife loves to wait until I'm about two seconds from falling asleep to start up lengthy conversations. Moments from REM, I'll get "What do you want to do with the backyard this year?" or "You know, we need to think about the floors in the living room."
What. The. Hell ?
Keep this up and your next pet peeve will be ex wives doing certain things. I could list a ton on that.
honestly, if you fly a lot, and for several years, the plane stories add up....something about being on a plane brings out a lot of the ugly in people.
To add to this, whenever I road trip with my brother or wife there will be dead silence. I'll turn up the radio for a little noise, within seconds of this happening all of the sudden we are now having a conversation. Radio gets turned down, then conversation ends. Radio up, conversation starts. Drives me insane.
I have a feeling my wife could say that about me. She falls asleep quickly, and sometimes my mind gets to wandering.
You speak the truth my friend lots of time spent and maybe a pet peeve expanded list:
1) crying babies ( understand they are babies its what they do but they are still loud) though noise cancelling headphones help one deal with this.
2) people who don't think showering is a good idea,
3) bladder issue people having to go to the bathroom on a 4 hour flight every 30 minutes,
4) getting crop dusted by individuals several times a flight these people must have eaten like 4 bean and cheese burritos
5) kid behind me kicking my seat and parent oblivious to it, then parent flabbergasted you ask politely if they can see if the kid can stop kicking the seat.
6) people getting upset because I wont exchange my aisle seat for a middle seat so they can sit together.
7) people getting motion sickness next to me, the sweet smell of barf..
8) sitting on a planes in India when it was 120 and they don't turn on the air.
9) Missed connections, trips that should be 5 hours turning into 24
10) Flight attendants who are just tired of their job and let you know. Most flight attendants are great though if you are simply cordial.
When I do retire I am not setting foot on another plane for at least 3 years
People in front of you at the grocery store checkout who wait until the last item is scanned and all is totaled before they swipe/insert their card (or worse, start rummaging through their purse to look for their card). After the first item is scanned, you can swipe your card, decline/enter cash back, and enter your PIN.
I need to pay by check. So they can enter it in and end up giving it back to me.
If you travel internationally, it takes very few trips to get great perks. Even flying west coast to east coast a few times a month racks up serious miles. It's a misconception that people with perks spend their lives in airports. Some do. Some don't. Worked with a guy who was a million miler on Alaska out of spokane and his trips were almost exclusively Seattle and Portland. THAT is spending a lifetime in airports to get perks.
Never a bad time to hotbox.
#3 - they always sit at the window and ALWAYS go even when the seatbelt light is on.
#4 - I animatedly look around to find the POS crapping up my air to make it WELL known I did NOT in fact, "dealt it" even though I "smelt it". For christ sake, I can FEEL it on my body and in my mouth.
Then they chat up the cashier and/or slowly put everything back in their purse/clutch without moving past the machine.
Or people who ring up $5.97 and insist on digging the pennies out of their purse since they have exact change.
in the south people aparently don't pull out into the intersection to turn left at a (green) traffic light. At least one car should be able to turn left at any given stop light. In Nashville people just stay at the stop line and never turn left unless there is a clear path during the green light. in Chicago 4 cars will turn left after the light has turned red.
this drives me crazy.