What is your Pet Peeve

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
So, if I have your attitude and am only driving 5 mph over the speed limit is that OK? Maybe I think you driving 10 mph over the speed limit is 'insanely fast'.
That’s the whole point....both of us are already doing something wrong—neither driver in that equation has the legal or moral high ground

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I'm United 1K and I've earned the right to board first. Why should stand in line with the rest of you mere mortals? Seriously, I want to sit down and get to work, not stand in line for the longest time. Mostly, I want to be sure to have space in the overhead compartment. It isn't about status. It is about them keeping comfortable the customers they most rely on.

Anyone that has to fly that many miles deserves perks.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This is gonna get me flamed but I give zero *****.......drivers who think they own the left lane because they’re driving faster. Obviously there is common sense in play here—flow of traffic, doing at the VERY least the speed limit, etc.....but if I’m in the left lane doing 10mph over the limit, no amount of tailgating me or flashing lights will get me to move over. If there is room, go around. Your desire to drive recklessly doesn’t mean I need to switch lanes. The left lane isn’t a license to drive insanely fast.

I hate drivers who feel they are the arbiters of speed laws.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Passive/aggressive behavior. Yes, I did list this after the little peeing match that i just read about left lane drivers. I'm blunt and to the point for the most part, many people hate it and I don't care. At least you don't have to try to decipher what I mean.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Anyone that has to fly that many miles deserves perks.

Never understood one thing about air travel. If you are a perks member. Why do you get on the plane first. That seems more of a punishment. You should get to get on last.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
When being in an airplane that has just landed, people that stand up immediately even though they're not going anywhere for a few minutes. Also the a-holes that cut in front of people when exiting an airplane.

Every.Single.Time. This boggles my mind. I understand if people have a connecting flight to catch, but I feel those instances don't amount to the level it is done. People stand up, then have to wait 10 minutes. Not to mention what you said, being cut off, which is pretty rude.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
And I thought the lots were called S because of being near the Stadium, not because the big donors are Slime of Society, but there are a few to which it definitely applies.

P.S. United 1K is about the number of miles travelled (100,000 per year), not just the money paid.

I traveled a couple years out of college for work in a sales role. Can't say I miss it, but I do miss the perks. It's how hotel stays were paid for on my honeymoon. Mine was mostly driving and hotel stays, but to me, if you travel that often perks should be in place. It isn't an easy thing overall, with work and home life balance, and I was single then. I can't imagine doing it now. I don't understand the gripe of it, let the people on who need extra time like the elderly. Then let the first class, or vice versa. Any business person knows you have to treat your regular clientele with a little more attention, that's just running a good business. Hotels don't make their money by catering to the families and their play dates on the weekends, its the road warriors during the week.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
An interesting thing I encountered this morning. I like that people use their blinkers, but common sense says timing can be a problem. What's everyone's thoughts on an early blinker user when merging on the interstate? I'm coming up on an SUV from MN, they turn on their blinker and I hit my brakes hard thinking that they were going to get over. They didn't merge yet, but how am I supposed to know that? I notice this is a trend in certain states or other countries.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm United 1K and I've earned the right to board first. Why should stand in line with the rest of you mere mortals? Seriously, I want to sit down and get to work, not stand in line for the longest time. Mostly, I want to be sure to have space in the overhead compartment. It isn't about status. It is about them keeping comfortable the customers they most rely on.
Plus you get to walk across that little piece of red carpet

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
That’s the whole point....both of us are already doing something wrong—neither driver in that equation has the legal or moral high ground
But, by parking yourself in the Left lane, you are claiming your speed is more right than anyone trying to pass you.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
People that think they've earned or deserve anything because they have money are the slime of society so not quite with you here.

What are you trying to say>?

. I mean you spend more at Starbucks you will get a free coffee at some point.
Jersey Mikes has a program of earning points, for each dollar you spend eventually you get a free sandwich.

I have flown over a million miles on Delta, They give me benefits of being a loyal customer,. Which means things like priority boarding, upgrades to first class if available.
They like the fact I fly with them all the time.

So to recap, I earn a free coffee, I earn a free sandwich, and I earn the opportunity to board first because I patronize these companies a lot

This makes me slime?

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Couple of bathroom-related pet peeves:
- People that don’t flush, especially after taking a big/nasty dump. No need to make me possibly throw up because of your carelessness.
- Not wiping the toilet seat. I need that 100% dry when I walk in the stall.
- Sharp receptacles in urinals. Don’t need piss to bounce off them onto my clothes/shoes.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Couple of bathroom-related pet peeves:
- People that don’t flush, especially after taking a big/nasty dump. No need to make me possibly throw up because of your carelessness.
- Not wiping the toilet seat. I need that 100% dry when I walk in the stall.
- Sharp receptacles in urinals. Don’t need piss to bounce off them onto my clothes/shoes.

The new blade hand dryers that blow the water in your face off your hands as you place them in.

Help Support Us

Become a patron