Walking Dead

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I think it all comes to a head this week. We've seen in the previews that there are walkers coming. After that skirmish they either need to move on or are told to move on.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I think you are really on to something here. Do they have walker family members hiding around the farm? Is that why they don't want guns...so nobody goes off on walker family members? Hmmm...for sure something wierd going on with the farm family.

(Nothing original here just putting a theory together based on other posts) So maybe they've got their undead relatives chained up while the doc tries to find a cure for them. And then the fat walker in the well was a family member that got away maybe. I like it. They've spent so much time with the farmhouse family that something weird has to be going on with them.

Oh yeah and they have walkers on big hamster wheels powering the farm. :yes:

BTW, haven't they been using well water this whole time? Wouldn't they already be infected if it can be transmitted through water like that? They aren't getting infected when they have zombie blood all over them, so maybe drinking the dirty water is similar to that?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
(Nothing original here just putting a theory together based on other posts) So maybe they've got their undead relatives chained up while the doc tries to find a cure for them. And then the fat walker in the well was a family member that got away maybe. I like it. They've spent so much time with the farmhouse family that something weird has to be going on with them.

Oh yeah and they have walkers on big hamster wheels powering the farm. :yes:

BTW, haven't they been using well water this whole time? Wouldn't they already be infected if it can be transmitted through water like that? They aren't getting infected when they have zombie blood all over them, so maybe drinking the dirty water is similar to that?

They mentioned they had 5 wells. This was the one they use for the horses maybe? House is separate.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Essentialy you could read the comics and not spoil anything from the tv show by reading them.

Eh, not entirely. Like you mentioned, the TV show takes some liberties with action plot lines (CDC, Shane, Daryl/Merle, Sophia getting lost), but it has been staying true to the comic along relational lines (Lori's pregnancy, Glenn/Maggie, Rick/Hershel belief differences). It seems like this story arc on the farm is headed in an identical direction as well. So there is certainly foreshadowing that is highlighted with a knowledge of the comics.

For what it's worth, I read through the comics after starting the TV series, and prefer the subplots and pacing of the show. Both are great though, and I'm glad they aren't identical.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That was freakin gross..
Just shoot the stupid thing and leave it down there.

It was completely stupid. You don't risk a guys life to get that out of there. The well was obviously already contaminated. I quit watching at that point and couldn't come back until the next day it ****** me off so much.