ULL Message Boards

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Read through a couple prediction threads; always interesting to get perspective from the other side. Seems like they love their running backs but have concerns about their WR's and the secondary's ability against Purdy.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Lots of confident ULL fans, that's for sure. I expect to win, but not by a wide margin.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The talks of wearing down our defense is amusing

Live look at Heacock

300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lot of guys on those boards expect us to lose, more than I anticipated.

We were #26 in the SP+ rankings last year.

They were #28 -- not far behind us. They were ahead of OSU, KSU, TCU, TTU, WVU, and KU in the Big 12. I seem to remember us losing a few (close) games to a couple of those.

This is not a team we can screw around with.

They were one of the 5ish best G5 teams last year.

This one makes me really wary. This is a baby rattlesnake -- do not **** with it.

Looking at this game as an outsider, particularly with us breaking in a new offense line, should scream "upset alert."

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We were #26 in the SP+ rankings last year.

They were #28 -- not far behind us. They were ahead of OSU, KSU, TCU, TTU, WVU, and KU in the Big 12. I seem to remember us losing a few (close) games to a couple of those.

This is not a team we can screw around with.

They were one of the 5ish best G5 teams last year.

This one makes me really wary. This is a baby rattlesnake -- do not **** with it.

Looking at this game as an outsider, particularly with us breaking in a new offense line, should scream "upset alert."
Which is why I'm hoping our coaching staff noticed these details and doesn't beat around the bush a la UNI last year. Get out there and send it.

We know we have a variable offense that's tough to adjust to, and on top of that, we have numerous size advantages against their D. We should be putting up stats this game if we're properly prepared to play. I'd like to see the return of run-threat Purdy, too, but I won't get my hopes up.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Borrowing this from Daserop on another thread:

Today at 11:27 AM
For those who are curious.

Overall Record & Sagarin 2019 Rank

Louisiana (11-3) Rank 43

Loss x 2 App State (13-1) Rank 25
Loss Miss State* (6-7) Rank 47
Win @ Ohio (7-6) Rank 82
Win @ Ark State (8-5) Rank 89
Win @ Georgia Southern (W) (7-6) Rank 92
Win Miami (OH)* (W) (8-6) Rank 93
Win Troy (W) (5-7) Rank 100
Win Liberty (W) 8-5 Rank 101
Win UL Monroe (W) (5-7) Rank 112
Win @ Coastal Carolina (W) (5-7) Rank 128
Win Texas State (W) (3-9) Rank 152
Win @ South Alabama (W) (2-10) Rank 158
Win Texas Southern (W) (0-11) Rank 256

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Which is why I'm hoping our coaching staff noticed these details and doesn't beat around the bush a la UNI last year. Get out there and send it.

We know we have a variable offense that's tough to adjust to, and on top of that, we have numerous size advantages against their D. We should be putting up stats this game if we're properly prepared to play. I'd like to see the return of run-threat Purdy, too, but I won't get my hopes up.
No reason to beat around the bush...only 10 games, a bye week, and an ISU team that has been working together since June. COVID, in this case, should have produced a team that is much closer than any team in ISU history.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

What do you mean by the bold statement? I do not remember us screwing around with UNI last year.

We should do all these things, but I anticipate we're in for a dogfight. I am not quite to the level of predicting that we are going to lose this one, but this is not going to be one of our easier games.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Interesting reads. A lot of sunbelt confidence which is very strange to me. I’d be surprised if any sunbelt team wins against Big 12 this weekend.

My personal take is that ISU suffocates their offense, namely making them one dimensional.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Interesting reads. A lot of sunbelt confidence which is very strange to me. I’d be surprised if any sunbelt team wins against Big 12 this weekend.

My personal take is that ISU suffocates their offense, namely making them one dimensional.
Not sure if its the opponent or just the expectation of starting a season slow