The Leftovers

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Oh sorry!!! Didn't mean to put a spoiler in!

In Gary Busey's defense, he is brain-damaged from a motorcycle accident...not that there is much change in his personality from before the accident! ;)

Ehh that's not a spoiler. The show comes out right away and shows people dissapearing and what most people think happened.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Just got back from vacation and watched first two episodes on HBO OD.

Very dark, but intriguing.

Admit I am totally confused why Laurie would leave her kids and join GR. From the family picture, they did not even lose anyone? She possibly catch him in affair? GR is worst cult ever (and yes, I know, they don't think they are a cult).

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Something is going to have to happen pretty quickly to give a hint as to what's coming or what's happened, or its going to lose viewers (me specifically). It's not a bad drama, and is filled with a lot of angst and tension, but to what ends? Give me some reason to keep me watching...

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet but it's on my queue. Probably tonight.

3rd episode is the best yet in my opinion. Just great.

I'm loving this show. Not exactly upbeat before bed on Sunday night, but its been great.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Something is going to have to happen pretty quickly to give a hint as to what's coming or what's happened, or its going to lose viewers (me specifically). It's not a bad drama, and is filled with a lot of angst and tension, but to what ends? Give me some reason to keep me watching...

The Prophet is up to something and the GR is making more moves. So I think it will escalate soon.
I am officially hooked on the show. It was designed to be confusing and intriguing. I like how they didn't really explain everything right away.

The one thing I wonder about, is why does everyone HATE the GR so VERY VERY much. I understand they are a freaky cult that stalks people until they join, but it seems like everyone really hates them. I would think an annoying non-violent cult wouldn't inspire mass violent opposition. Makes me think there's something else in the history.

Of course people could be ****** about their loved ones being harrased and then joining the cult, but we will see.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone still watching? Finally caught up last night and the last episode about Nora was fantastic. The acting is just so good on this show. I'm not sure what's up with Wayne the profit, I think maybe he's the Devil and he's impregnated the girl on the run who's pregnant with the Anti-******.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Anyone still watching? Finally caught up last night and the last episode about Nora was fantastic. The acting is just so good on this show. I'm not sure what's up with Wayne the profit, I think maybe he's the Devil and he's impregnated the girl on the run who's pregnant with the Anti-******.

This show is strange, but in a good way. I thought character development has been a little slow, I haven't realy figured out if there are good or bad people, or anyone I feel particularly drawn to, but based on the previews, I think this ride is a bout to get wild. What genera is this even supposed to fit into, horror, scifi, supernatural, cult, alien. I just have no idea where it is going but I am strangely drawn to the show as a whole.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
The Prophet is up to something and the GR is making more moves. So I think it will escalate soon.
I am officially hooked on the show. It was designed to be confusing and intriguing. I like how they didn't really explain everything right away.

The one thing I wonder about, is why does everyone HATE the GR so VERY VERY much. I understand they are a freaky cult that stalks people until they join, but it seems like everyone really hates them. I would think an annoying non-violent cult wouldn't inspire mass violent opposition. Makes me think there's something else in the history.

Of course people could be ****** about their loved ones being harrased and then joining the cult, but we will see.

I know it's an old post and the GR have done more crappy stuff since then, but everything they do seems designed to **** people off so I guess it's not surprising to me that everyone hates them. I think there was a line early on in the show where someone said something to the affect that people hate them because they are always trying to remind everyone of something they want to forget. Just watching the show makes me want to punch them in the face.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Loving the show. Favorite two episodes were the character focus ones that centered around the preacher and Nora. Yeah, I have no idea where they are going with Wayne.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Also, ever since Nora got "healed" by Wayne is it just me or has she become smoking hot since she actually smiles now.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just started watching this. I've gotten through the first 5 episodes this weekend. Pretty bizarre stuff.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Finally caught up. What an excellent, excellent show. The pace is great and the music is top notch. The "theme music" is just so perfect.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This show definately is facinating. Have people who created lost involved in this makes me nervous though. You can really see it in the character details, I really hope they dont go the same route on creating rediculous questions with no intention of answering them. Also, I hate the people in white and the daughter might be the most irritating character on the show.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This show definately is facinating. Have people who created lost involved in this makes me nervous though. You can really see it in the character details, I really hope they dont go the same route on creating rediculous questions with no intention of answering them. Also, I hate the people in white and the daughter might be the most irritating character on the show.

Its based on a book so I hope whatever liberties they take, they stay somewhat within the confines of the original story.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Just got back from vacation and watched first two episodes on HBO OD.

Very dark, but intriguing.

Admit I am totally confused why Laurie would leave her kids and join GR. From the family picture, they did not even lose anyone? She possibly catch him in affair? GR is worst cult ever (and yes, I know, they don't think they are a cult).

Ha ha. Replying to myself. OK, at least they shed some light on this issue.

And agree with poster that said Jill is one irritating character. But it was great to see how much she had changed since the event, so I will now cut her some slack.