Stupid logo hate thread

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Yep, it has JP all over it. He's good at many things, but this type of stuff isn't his thing

gene.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yes he is. Have you seen how he dresses? He shouldn't be relied on for coming up with new secondary logos.
The best thing about JP is he loves to win and we have experienced growing success because he hates to lose.

The worst thing about JP is he loves to win and he can be stubborn when he should rely on the expertise of others because he hates to lose.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I'm sure students from the school of design would have loved to take a shot at designing this secondary logo. How nice would it be to have that on your resume coming out of school?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I have thought about this for a few days. It's just god awful. Do they even do focus groups? Or ask anyone? Who made this decison? I mean we HAD the perfect log. It said Iowa fing State and had a g** d*** cyclone on it. I think Pollard is one of the most important people in Iowa State history. But my god he bungles stuff like this. Get something like the below on the damn uniforms and be done with it. How hard is this? We have a f****** design school for god sake. Just when I think this athletic department gets it, we roll out with a Sears Blue Light special for a new logo.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 66

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
here is another concept i came up with for a tornadic logo other than the refresh of the old funnel mark. curious to know what people think of it.

Yeah. Your logo is better.

Would it be possible to see the colors flipped?? Red logo on yellow helmet? And could you possibly flip the tip to the other direction? I feel like it's momentum looks opposite to where the player is looking.

Nice work!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
here is another concept i came up with for a tornadic logo other than the refresh of the old funnel mark. curious to know what people think of it.

It's a slight improvement over what we had on Thursday night, I'll give it that, but I still would never want to see us use it. Sorry. There's still cardinal in your logo, which looks bad on a cardinal helmet.

I just don't like the look of a tornado on the helmet I don't think, but I could live with your previous refresh of the old funnel mark..... that looked pretty good.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. Your logo is better.

Would it be possible to see the colors flipped?? Red logo on yellow helmet? And could you possibly flip the tip to the other direction? I feel like it's momentum looks opposite to where the player is looking.

Nice work!

i tried flipping the bottom around but i feel like it needs to come back the other way to help balance the logo out. heres the gold helmet version though.

Attachments

• funnel2_helmet_gold.jpg
    funnel2_helmet_gold.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 80

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm sure students from the school of design would have loved to take a shot at designing this secondary logo. How nice would it be to have that on your resume coming out of school?
I dont get why everyone is saying they should have given this task to the College of Design. This is an incomplete thought. this is not something you have a 18-22 year old design student do. Outsource this to a GRADUATE of the COD with years of experience. Hell, identify a number of Alumni from the COD to design different concepts. Would have been easy.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Help Support Us

Become a patron