Staiger Ineligible!

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
The crime appears to be unknowingly associating himself with people outside of his control that broke rules that didn't exist at the time.

Nice.

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
I hope the NCAA doesn't hear about Charles Boozer playing pickup ball with his brother or he'll get declared ineligible:realmad:!

We'll have to forgo the whole season!
And "if" in the unlikely event we ever get some other top-notch player in any sport, I'm sure somebody will find something wrong.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Why the news is horrible, I am happy for this site for so many reasons. And one of those being we have something Cyclone to talk about rather than OT/Political crap.

-keep.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Well they obviously knew about it on Wednesday, so I'm sure Pollard is looking into it already. Honestly I hope Lucca gets a lawyer and sues the NCAA, backed by both ISU and WSU. I posted about this on Wazzu's msg board already this morning.

Got a link?

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
...can he red-shirt if worst comes to worst?
Or would that be considered a smart move by ISU... showing up the NCAA, and he'd be banned even further?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
They don't seem too upset about it.

they are two hours behind us... let them wake up....

Or maybe they don't need immediate help like we do (they are ranked in the top10 in many pre-season polls).

- keep.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Someone get Doyles e-mail address. He owes us one. Also can you post Andy Katz's e-mail address? Thanks

Knownothing, got an email back from espn - i've attached...

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your reply.

We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. I will escalate this
to our feedback department. Your suggestion regarding this story is
very much appreciated.
ESPN TV programming feedback can also be submitted directly to ESPN TV
Customer Service at the following link
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv. You may
also contact them at (860) 766-2236 by leaving a message any time of day
or speaking to them directly from Monday - Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 5:30
p.m. EST.

Thanks for visiting ESPN.com.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer
Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,

Sean
ESPN.com

So, i think this would be an intriging story for someone like Katz....If in fact he sees anything regarding that email and Rag story he will pursue it.....

Cross our fingers.....

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They really don't... but they have a vet team and Boeke really wasn't expected to contribute right away.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I didn't read any of the posts on their board, but my Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook tells me that WSU is returning 4 starters from last year on an excellent team. My guess is that he's not expected to be as big a part of their team as Staiger is for us this year. Incidentally, it said that we were recruiting Boeke as well.

Man, now I really wish Taylor had developed some common sense this summer.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
As much as this sucks, it is very encouraging to see us as a fanbase galvanized toward a common goal. I hope that this grassroots action pays off. Even if they Lucca's situation doesn't improve as it should, I hope that we can bring this issue to the forefront of sports nation and maybe get something done about it in the future. That's probably not a realistic expectation, given that we are not Duke or USC or North Carolina, but a man can hope.

When the b-ball season starts, ISU fans should cheer loud for Lucca to assuage any thoughts he might have of bailing for Europe. Let him know we want him to be a Cyclone.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
This is a OUTRAGE!! biggest rancid pile of bs those

a$$holes ever cooked up yet. Lucca was going to be a 'help put us over the top' type player, i fear he will say the hell with it n leave. We must fight those tyranical dictators in Indy. We need to call Harkin n Grassley n alert all the national media. This evil empire needs to be brought down and be more open and democratic.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
This SUCKS!!! I can't believe that he is being penalized for something that his teammates did.

Does anyone know if the WSU kid spent a year in the US like Lucca did in ILL? Since Lucca spent last year already in the US, did this actually happen 2 years ago? This is simply not FAIR.

Now a dose of realism: even if the NCAA were to change its mind on appeal it would likely take months so at a minimum the 1st semester is gone and since they are unlikely to change anyway its probably a good bet that he loses the entire year no matter how big a stink we make.

This was going to be a difficult year anyway and now this. It changes the whole guard situation. To "try" and think on the bright side maybe Wesley will get a shot at playing the SG. He wouldn't necessarily be ready and would have to learn under fire but who else do we got? Boozer isn't ready. Haluska? Would still need a backup anyway. Maybe the Peterson at PG discussion will become reality and Garrett would move to the SG? Jesus what a mess ...

This season is toast.:sad::sad::sad::sad: