Similac formula recall

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep, not even close. Pigeon holes mom as primary parent because she gets more time early on to learn via trial by fire. I like the Nordic model which gives medical leave then equal bonding time. Their philosophy is the child has the right to bond with both parents.
Yeah wife has had difficult pregnancies, miscarriages, etc too so I was doing more chores too. Cooking, cleaning, yard work, etc. I'm not complaining because she did the hard part and obviously needed the rest, but I wasn't able to bond much at the beginning.

• Friendly
Reactions: MJ29 and cowgirl836

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah wife has had difficult pregnancies, miscarriages, etc too so I was doing more chores too. Cooking, cleaning, yard work, etc. I'm not complaining because she did the hard part and obviously needed the rest, but I wasn't able to bond much at the beginning.

Miscarriage leave also needs to be a thing. I worked through mine. Probably should have taken sick time, but ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Miscarriage leave also needs to be a thing. I worked through mine. Probably should have taken sick time, but ...
I've worked thru mine as well because I thought it was better to stay busy. Did not grieve properly. Not grieving properly wasn't respecting my wife, my babies, and myself enough. Tried to mask it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They let me take a sick day on the Friday of the d&c. Asked me to come in Saturday for a rush project they wanted me to do and gave me comp time out of the generosity of their hearts. Told me it would be better for me mentally to keep busy. Then asked if I needed mental health professional when a tear rolled down my cheek at my desk that Saturday.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
95% of mothers are capable of breastfeeding. If you have the means to be at home or work in a professional environment, then not breastfeeding is a choice.
Does 95% capable mean no additional formula/whole milk? Is that US based or world based?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I'd be interested to see more detail, but it sounds like one key aspect of the agreement between the Feds and Abbott was intense finished product microbiological sampling/testing. Fairly predictable given the circumstances.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I guess moms should just keep not receiving medical care and taking medication to appease the breastfeeding police, this country neglects their care when pregnant, why not continue another year? Friend was pregnant when I was and delayed her cancer treatment and they took her baby early with c-section. Had radiation and chemo so (gasp) didn’t breast feed. She made it to her baby’s fourth birthday, they thought they had taken care of it but it came back with a vengeance.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Hoping birthing class has improved since I first took it in 1989, and a few refreshers later. In the course of my child bearing years, they changed the position you are miraculously supposed to keep your baby in all night so they covered all options, back, front, and side.

They also never warned us that breastfeeding can be very hard to get going ( especially if they make your baby lazy by feeding him through a tube in his nose). All of the sudden some lactation consultant shows up in your room grabbing your boob and telling you that your position is all wrong. Sorry bozo, posture is not great due to a bowling ball going through a small opening in my body.

I think a little warning might make you feel like less of a failure and make you more willing to keep trying.

Help Support Us

Become a patron